Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, pickled red cabbage. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pickled Red Cabbage is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Pickled Red Cabbage is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pickled red cabbage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pickled Red Cabbage:
- Prepare Spiced vinegar:
- Make ready 1500 ml White distiled malt vinegar
- Make ready 170 grams Honey
- Make ready 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Prepare 2 tsp mixed peppercorns
- Get 2 tsp coriander seeds
- Prepare Cabbage preperation:
- Get 2 head Red Cabbage
- Get Salt
- Take Jarring:
- Prepare 4 large Sterilised Jars
Steps to make Pickled Red Cabbage:
- Cut the stalk ends off the cabbages and pull off the outer leaves and discard. Slice the cabbages in half then in half again. Cut out any tough stalk you can see, then shred the cabbage to about 1 cm width or however you prefer it chunky or not. Place in a bowl and cover in salt then wrap in cling film and leave for 24 hours.
- After the cabbage has sat for 24 hours find suitable Jars for placing the pickled cabbage in.
- Wash the jars and sterilise, i sterilse by putting them in my halogen oven at 130°C for 13 minutes.
- While the jars are sterilising start making the spiced vinegar. Place the vinegar, honey, mustard seeds, peppercorns and coriander seeds in a pan and gently heat. Once the honey is melted and mixed into the vinegar its ready. Pour the vinegar mixture into a cold jug to stop it cooking off the liquid
- Take a hot jar out of the oven with gloves and carefully pack it full of cabbage. Really push the cabbage down in the jar to get the maximum amount inside. Do this for all the jars. Pour over the vinegar until the cabbage is covered then place on the warm lid from the oven this will help it get a perfect seal.
- Leave for a week and the jar liquid will turn a lovely purple/red and its ready for eating. Tastes really good on stews.
See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Next, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. In addition, you have to include yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Eating from this list of foods, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pickled red cabbage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!