Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, beef short ribs in red wine. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have beef short ribs in red wine using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Get 4 large Beef Short Ribs
- Prepare Olive Oil (for frying)
- Make ready 1 large head of garlic (cut in half horizontally)
- Take 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Take 750 ml Bottle of good red wine
- Make ready 1 liter Beef Stock
- Prepare 150 grams pancetta, cubed
- Prepare 250 grams Chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- Prepare salt and pepper
- Make ready roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
Instructions to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170° celcius……. you want to cook these ribs low, and slow!
- If your short ribs are still connected, you will need to seperate them, and then generously season them with salt and pepper. Then put a deep sided roasting tray with a good glug of olive oil on top of your hob, and whack it on full power!
- When your oil is screaming hot, add your short ribs to the roasting tray and brown then on all sides. Meanwhile, cut your garlic head in half horizontally, and then add to the roasting tray along with the tomato puree. You will need to cook the puree for around 1 minute, otherwise it will be bitter.
- Pour in the red wine to deglaze the tray, scraping up all of that beefy goodness! Bring to the boil, and cook for around 10-15 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the beef stock, to make the liquid level cover the ribs about half way up. Bring to the boil again, and then spoon the liquid over the ribs.
- Cover the roasting tray with tin foil, and cook in the oven for 2½ hours. You will need to baste the ribs every 30 minutes to make sure they absorb all of that winey flavour!
- Around 10 minutes before the rib are done, fry the pancetta in a tiny bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes until it is starting to crisp up, and then add your quartered chestnut mushrooms cooking for 5 minutes.
- Now it is time to take your short ribs out of the oven….. take them out of the roasting tray, set them aside and prepare your amazing sauce!
- You need to remove each garlic clove from the roasting tray and pass them through a fine sieve into a bowl, and then remove any excess fat from the surface of the red wine juices in the tray. The best way to do this is to lay a few pieces of kitchen roll on the top, and it will absorb it all. Then strain the juices through the same sieve that you used for the garlic into the same bowl. If the sauce is too thin, pop it into a pan and reduce for around 10 minutes, until it reaches the right consistency.
- Lay your short ribs onto a serving platter, and scatter the pancetta and mushrooms over the top. The pour over the sauce, which should be the right thickness to coat the back of a spoon.
- Roughly chop your flat leaf parsley, and sprinkle over the top!
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food beef short ribs in red wine recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!