Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, glazed ham or gammon. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Glazed Ham or Gammon is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Glazed Ham or Gammon is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have glazed ham or gammon using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Glazed Ham or Gammon:
- Take 1.200 g raw ham joint,or salty Gammon
- Prepare Plenty of clean cold tap water
- Make ready Plenty of Golden Syrup
- Make ready 100 g Dijon Mustard,half of a 200g jar
- Get 250 g Unsalted Butter
Instructions to make Glazed Ham or Gammon:
- Soak the raw Ham Joint in cold tap water so that it is well covered with water,I used a large - deep - cast Iron Spaghetti Pasta Saucepan - soak for 24 hours.Then rinse the ham joint,particularly if it's salt preserved raw Gammon of Ham - and then boil in the same large Saucepan - the ham joint - for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Set the oven at Gas Mark 4 and melt the 250g of Unsalted Butter (whole block usually).Place blanched ham joint in the deep Skillet of melted butter - pour Lyle's Golden Syrup over the One side of the ham joint and then spread 50g of Dijon Mustard over the top and then precede too do the same with the other side - don't baste - just place Kitchen Foil over the top and then bake at Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from the meat and then roast at Gas Mark 7 for 30 minutes - allow the whole cooked Ham Joint to rest for maybe 30 minutes and then either serve with a Roast Dinner,or leave in the Fridge overnight for making sandwiches the following day,or days.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food glazed ham or gammon recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!