Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, spiced chickpea fritters (vegan). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook spiced chickpea fritters (vegan) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan):
- Make ready 225 g can of chickpeas
- Prepare 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Prepare 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Get 1 tablespoon oil
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 green pepper, chopped
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Make ready 2 small red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Make ready 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Take 10 g fresh/frozen coriander
- Make ready 1/2 lemon zest
- Get 1 dessertspoon of lemon juice
- Get Egg replacement for 1 egg (or a different binding agent)
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Prepare 3 tablespoons flour
- Take 2 tablespoons oil
Instructions to make Spiced Chickpea Fritters (vegan):
- Fry the coriander seeds and cumin seeds on medium heat for 1-2 mins. Then crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Fry the onion, green pepper, garlic and chillies in the oil for 5 mins until softened and beginning to brown. Then stir in the toasted ground spices and turmeric. Cook for a further 30 secs.
- Drain the chickpeas, then blend them in a food processor with the coriander sprigs until evenly chopped, but not puréed. Transfer to a bowl then stir in the pan mix, lemon zest and juice, and egg replacement. Season mixture with salt and pepper
- Once cool enough, form 8-12 patties with your hands. Coat each patty with flour, place it on a tray, then reshape the patties with a spatula. Fry each patty in the oil on high heat, 1 minute on each side, until a golden brown colour.
- Serve up and enjoy!
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spiced chickpea fritters (vegan) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!