Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, dirty brown rice with shrimp. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
By cooking the brown rice separate, the texture of the rice was perfect when mixed with the beef and shrimp and made a delicious main dish even my "non-brown rice eating" husband enjoyed. Here's an easy, quick, and healthy dinner recipe for prawns and brown rice.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dirty brown rice with shrimp using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp:
- Get 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice (I used instant)
- Take 2 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- Take 2 Bay leaves, divided
- Prepare 1/8 + 1/4 tsp Cayenne, divided
- Make ready 1/8 + 1/2 tsp Paprika, divided
- Get 1/8 + 1/2 tsp Thyme, divided
- Get 1 tsp olive oil
- Get 1 onion, diced
- Prepare 2 celery, diced
- Get 1 Green pepper, diced
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, minced
- Take 1/2 lb 97% lean ground beef
- Get 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Make ready 2 scallions (optional)
- Take to taste Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Dirty Brown Rice with Shrimp:
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water. Add 1 bay leaf, and the 1/8 tsp of Cayenne, Paprika, and Thyme. Stir and cook.
- When rice is almost done cooking, heat a large heavy sauce pan on medium heat. Add oil, onions, green pepper, celery, and bay leaf. Sauté on medium heat until soft, adding the garlic about a minute before done.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and remaining Thyme, Paprika, and Cayenne. Sauté until browned.
- Add shrimp and cover. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp is done.
- When rice is done, toss with beef and shrimp mixture and combine well.
- Top with scallions (optional)
You need to include a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Next, add some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other essentials. Moreover, you should include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy optimal health when you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body is likely to be free of disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
Dirty rice is a classic Cajun dish made "dirty" by cooking the rice with minced livers or gizzards. By cooking the brown rice separate, the texture of the rice was perfect when mixed with the beef and shrimp and made a delicious main dish even my "non-brown rice eating" husband enjoyed. When the rice is done, toss with beef and shrimp and combine well. Here's an easy, quick, and healthy dinner recipe for prawns and brown rice. This dish is practically a complete meal with protein, whole grain, and. I'd like to think of this as a Cajun shrimp fried rice. With Mardi Gras ending tomorrow, I thought this would be the perfect timing to share this recipe from the archives because I. This Cajun Dirty Rice has been a staple in our house for over a decade, and I am finally sharing it with you because it's a delicious and easy one pan meal! That's one tall order but Cajun Dirty Rice is exactly that! My kids dance for joy when I say it's for dinner. And, unsurprisingly, so does my husband? A healthier twist on a Cajun classic, the addition of shrimp turns this into a fabulous main dish. I'd like to think of this as a Cajun shrimp fried rice. With Mardi Gras ends tomorrow, I thought this would be the perfect timing to share this recipe from the archives because I LOVE this dish! Dirty… While brown rice doesn't scream excitement, there's not a more hearty and satisfying rice. Unmilled, or whole grain, brown rice has a nutty taste and chewier texture than white rice. Shrimp Fried Rice - Why order take-out? This homemade version is so much healthier, cheaper and tastes a million times better! This shrimp dish was something I threw together one night and my family loved it. It's really easy, healthy, and tasty!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food dirty brown rice with shrimp recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!