Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, masala khichdi. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have masala khichdi using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Masala Khichdi:
- Take 3 cups raw Rice
- Take 1/2 cup Red Lentils or Masoor Daal
- Make ready 1/4 cup Yellow Lentils or Moong Daal
- Make ready 3 tbsp Ghee
- Make ready 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Make ready 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Make ready 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- Get 1 Onion finely chopped
- Get 3 Tomatoes finely chopped
- Prepare 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Take 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- Take 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take 1 "Cinnamon stick
- Make ready 2 Cardamoms
- Take 1 small bunch Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- Prepare 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
Instructions to make Masala Khichdi:
- First of all soak both the rice and dal for about 20 minutes. In a cooking pot, heat ghee and add garlic mince and asafoetida.
- Also add caraway and cumin seeds. Saute sliced onion now with green chillies and other spices. Add all the whole spices and the turmeric too. Saute all until onions are done. Now add tomatoes and cook until tender with a lid on.
- After done, add soaked rice and dal mix. Fry all that for a minute or two before adding water as required according to the quantity of rice taken.
- Adjust salt and stir in chopped coriander leaves and garam masala too. Cook on a high heat occasionally stirring to mix everything well. After about 5 minutes, reduce the heat to low and cook until done. Do not forget to cover with a lid. Do not open the lid too often because that will let the steam escape.
- It will be done in 25-30 minutes and all ready to be served with pickle, poppadums and salad. Enjoy!
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food masala khichdi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!