Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
There's tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and lots of garlic. It's this that's the start to our sauce.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese:
- Take 100 g Orzo
- Prepare 30 g feta, diced into 1-2 cm pieces
- Make ready 20 g shred fennel
- Prepare 1/4 tsp fennel seed, toasted and lightly crushed
- Get 30 ml olive oil
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Get 2 strips shaved orange skin
- Prepare 200 g tin chopped tomato
- Prepare 350 ml gosh stock
- Prepare 200 g raw shell-off prawns
- Get 10 g basil leave, shredded
Steps to make Orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese:
- Mix the feta, 1/8 tsp of chili flake, 2 tsp of fennel seed and 1 table spoons of oil. Set aside while cooking
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a pan on medium high heat. Put orzo, salt and pepper. Stirring frequently for 3-4 mins until it’s golden- brown. Then remove from the pan and set aside
- Return the pan to the same heat and add one table spoon of oil, 1/8 tsp of chili flake and 1 tsp of fennel seed, garlic, and orange skin. Fry for 1 min then add tomatoes, stock half tsp of salt and plenty of pepper. Cook until boiling, then add the fried orzo. Put the cover on, then lower the heat to medium low to simmer for 15 mins
- Remove the cover and cook for a further 1-2 mins, until the consistency is like a risotto. Stir the prawn for 3 mins until they are cooked. Stir the basil for 10 secs before turn off the heat
- Serve with marinated feta sprinkle on top. Voilà ❤️
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
Perfect for midweek meals, quick, fuss-free dinner party menus that will wow guests without requiring hours spent in the kitchen, and simple bakes and sweet treats, these are Ottolenghi recipes as you've never seen them before. There's tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and lots of garlic. Jump to the Orzo Pasta Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. It's this that's the start to our sauce. By the way, if you are like me and love tomatoes any way you can get them, take a look at our feta and cherry tomato salad (it's my favorite). A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. Melt butter in the pot while still hot and combine with feta. Add cooked pasta to feta butter and toss with parsley and tomatoes, season with a little pepper. Summery fresh lemon orzo with tomatoes, feta and parsley is on the menu today! This easy Greek dish makes a delish side to grilled meats and fish. We love this buttery, lemony orzo with grilled chicken and fish for an easy Mediterranean-inspired meal. Toss a big green salad and glass of wine. Combine the orzo and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, feta cheese, and vinaigrette dressing. Ideally refrigerate for at least a couple hours or overnight before serving. Tomatoes and feta are a perfect pairing with orzo. HubPages really needs a yummy button! If you are using fresh tomatoes, roughly chop them and discard the cores. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the cumin, coriander and nigella seeds. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with crumbled Feta and oregano.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food orzo with prawn, tomato and feta cheese recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!