Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, elderberry jam. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Elderberry Jam is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Elderberry Jam is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook elderberry jam using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Elderberry Jam:
- Prepare 500 g elderberries
- Get 500 g canning sugar (1:1)
- Prepare juice of a lemon
Instructions to make Elderberry Jam:
- Pluck the elderberries from the stems and pick out the bad ones and unripe berries. Wash and drain.
- Prepare the jam jars: fill jars and lids with boiling water until rim. Or cook the jars in a pot to sterilize.
- In another pot mix elderberries and canning sugar and let cook for 4 minutes. Then add lemon juice.
- Now you could drain the jam to get a jelly (more common here in Germany) or you leave the skin of the berries in the jam. Fill the jam in the jar, close it and turn upside down for 10 minutes. This will help to create a vacuum. Turn back again. Let the jam cool and put in the fridge. Unopened it will last for approx. a year.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food elderberry jam recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!