Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's sausage eggplant parmesan. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's sausage eggplant parmesan using 33 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan:
- Take Meat
- Get 1 1/2 lb Italian Sausage [in casing]
- Get 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Take Homemade Red Sauce
- Prepare 5 medium Roma Tomatoes [cut into 1" cubes]
- Make ready 1 can 28 oz Crushed Or Stewed Tomatoes
- Prepare 2 can 6 oz Tomato Paste
- Prepare 2 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- Make ready 1/3 cup Fresh Garlic [rough chop-packed]
- Make ready 1 tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes [fine chopped-packed]
- Get 7 large Basil Leaves [rough chop]
- Get 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley [rough chop-loose pack]
- Make ready 1 large White Onion [chopped]
- Take 2/3 cup Fresh Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Prepare 1 tsp Each: Italian Seasoning - Onion Powder - Salt
- Take 1/2 tsp Each: Black Pepper - Red Pepper Flakes Or Red Pepper Oil
- Take 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Make ready 2/3 cup Black Olives [halved]
- Prepare 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon [a quality bottle]
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Get 1/4 tsp Baking Soda [x 2 to decrease acidity if needed]
- Prepare Eggplant
- Prepare 2 large Eggplants [room temperature-slice about 1/4" thick]
- Take 1 box 8 oz Panko Bread Crumbs
- Make ready 1 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Prepare 1 tbsp Each: Garlic Powder - Onion Powder - Italian Seasoning
- Prepare 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese [powdered in the bottle]
- Make ready 5 Fresh Eggs [mix in separate bowl]
- Prepare 3 cup High Heat Frying Oil
- Take Layer Toppers
- Prepare 2 box 8 oz Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Make ready 1 Additional Fresh Parsley
- Take 1 Additional Fresh Basil
Instructions to make Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan:
- Canned goods and other items needed.
- Pull sausage from its casings and fry with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, thick bottom pot.
- Add everything in the Homemade Red Sauce Section to that same pot and simmer for up to 3 hours, stirring regularly.
- After boiling your sauce for some time, if you find your sauce tastes too acidic, [you feel as though it needs sugar] add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda to your boiling mixture, simmer and taste. Add an additional 1/4 teaspoon if you feel it's needed. Your sauce will foam up momentarily but no worries, it'll settle right down. Fine grated carrots will also calm any acidity if you don't have any Baking Soda on hand and you have the full 3 hours to simmer them down.
- Mix everything in your Panko Crumb Mixture Section except for the oil in a larger bowl and beat your eggs in a separate larger bowl.
- Slice [room temperature] Eggplants to about 1/4" thickness, dip in egg mixture, coat in seasoned Panko Crumb Mixture and fry on high for about 2 minutes on each side then drain on paper towels. Don't over fry but you will want crispy eggplants.
- Ladle Red Sauce on the bottom of a sprayed or non stick disposable serving tray. Lay fried Eggplant on top of that. Like making a Lasagne, add more sauce and Parmesan and lay more Eggplant. Repeat process until all Eggplant is positioned. Make this dish with as many layers as your pan can handle or create 2 levels and make two 9x12 pans worth. Top with Red Sauce, Parsley, fresh Basil and additional Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
- This recipe makes two 9"x12" sheets with two layers of Eggplant. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes before serving. Try serving this with a wedge salad, garlic bread and a quality Cabernet Sauvignon!
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Evidently, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mike's sausage eggplant parmesan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!