Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, vietnamese caramelised pork. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vietnamese Caramelised Pork is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Vietnamese Caramelised Pork is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vietnamese caramelised pork using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vietnamese Caramelised Pork:
- Get 1 kg Pork (Belly and loin both work well)
- Get 6-8 Spring Onions (Sliced)
- Make ready 2 Red Chilis (Adjust to taste)
- Take 60 g Fresh Root Ginger (Grated)
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Get 5 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Make ready 8 Tablespoons White Sugar
- Take 500 ml Water
Steps to make Vietnamese Caramelised Pork:
- Chop the pork into 1" chunks and add it to a large bowl.
- Slice the spring onion and add it to the bowl.
- Finely chop two red chilis and add to the bowl.
- Peel and grate the fresh root ginger and add it to the bowl. - - TIP: A teaspoon makes an excellent peeler for getting the skin off the ginger.
- Add 1 tablespoon of black pepper and 5 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Mix well and leave the mixture to marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Add 8 tablespoons of sugar to a large saucepan and place on a medium heat. After a few minutes you should notice the sugar start to melt. When it first starts to melt it will be a clear liquid but will quickly go brown. The challenge is to get all of the sugar to melt before the bit that melted first starts to burn. If it smells burnt or starts to smoke its better to start again that carry on regardless. Stirring may help but sometimes a quick shake of the pan will do the trick.
- Once all the sugar has melted and is a golden brown colour carefully add the water. This is usually fairly spectacular as the pan is very hot. Expect steam, obscure sugar sculptures rising out of the pan and frantically boiling water.
- Once all the caramel has dissolved you should have a very runny, sweet brown syrup. Bring this to the boil and then add the marinated pork mix.
- Bring the pan back to the boil and stir well. Then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for at least an hour.
- Once most of the liquid has evaporated and the pork is tender and sticky we are ready to serve! Goes great with rice and stir-fried greens.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vietnamese caramelised pork recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!