Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken liver mousse. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Liver Mousse is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Liver Mousse is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken liver mousse using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Liver Mousse:
- Make ready 500 g Chicken Livers
- Get 1 Shallot
- Take 2 Tablespoons butter
- Make ready 75 ml White Wine
- Make ready 75 ml Cream
- Get 100 ml melted butter
- Get As needed Fresh Thyme
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Make ready Pinch Ground Allspice
- Get To taste Salt
Instructions to make Chicken Liver Mousse:
- Finely dice shallot. Remove any connective tissue from chicken livers and dice livers finely.
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped liver and diced shallot. Cook until livers are firm but not rubbery, still rosy in the center.
- Transfer liver mixture to food processor and blend.
- Meanwhile, add white wine and a few thyme sprigs to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce until liquid is about two tablespoons.
- Add wine reduction, cream, melted butter, pepper and allspice to the food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt to taste (I used salted butter so did not add a lot of extra salt.)
- Pour liver mixture through a fine sieve to get rid of any gritty bits.
- Refrigerate mousse until set. Optional: seal mousse with some melted butter and add a few sprigs of thyme for decoration.
- Serve with crackers
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken liver mousse recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!