Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, indian gooseberry pickle (amla pickle) - andhra recipe. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have indian gooseberry pickle (amla pickle) - andhra recipe using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Gooseberry Pickle (Amla Pickle) - Andhra Recipe:
- Make ready 250 gms Amla (About 9 Amlas)
- Get 1/3 cup Oil (For Frying Amlas) Sesame/Gingelly/Peanut/Sunflower
- Make ready 3-4 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- Take 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds (3 tbsp Mustard Seeds Powder)
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- Get 3 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Take 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Get 1 tsp Salt or As required
- Prepare 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Prepare For Tempering:
- Make ready 1/4 cup Oil (Sesame/Gingelly/Peanut/Sunflower)
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
Steps to make Indian Gooseberry Pickle (Amla Pickle) - Andhra Recipe:
- Firstly, rinse the amlas well in water. Wipe them dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- In a blender, blend mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds into a semi fine powder and set aside along with kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Cut the amlas into small pieces. Remove the seeds.
- Crush the garlic and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan.
- Add the chopped amla pieces. Cover and cook on medium low flame for about 6-7 minutes. Keep checking in between. Cook till the amlas are soft. They need not be cooked till golden.
- Once the amlas are cooked, off the flame. Add in the crushed garlic cloves. Mix well. Cover and keep in pan only for about 10 minutes.
- After resting time, add kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, ground mustard seeds and ground fenugreek seeds. Mix well and allow it to cool.
- Add lemon juice. Mix it again.
- Spoon the pickle in a clean sterilized jar. Cover with lid and set aside.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan. Keep the flame on low. Add asafoetida. Mix well. Off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Pour this oil in the pickle jar. Oil will float on top. It's okay. Cover the jar with the lid and allow the pickle to mature for about 3 or 4 days. Keep it in a dry place.
- Andhra Style Amla Pickle is ready. Enjoy this pickle with your daily meal. Refrigerate once it is used.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food indian gooseberry pickle (amla pickle) - andhra recipe recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!