Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, potato and marrow soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious. If you have time, deep-fry a handful of sage leaves for a few seconds to scatter over the soup just before serving.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook potato and marrow soup using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and marrow soup:
- Make ready For cooking potatoes:
- Get 1 k potatoes, chopped into chunks
- Get Water, to boil (enough to cover the potatoes)
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Get For cooking marrow:
- Get 320 g marrow, sliced into chunks
- Prepare Water, enough to boil (enough to cover marrow)
- Get Sauté onions and garlic:
- Take 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Take 1 white onion, sliced
- Take 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- Take Stock/broth:
- Make ready 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Prepare 250 ml warm water plus extra 190 ml water
- Prepare Other ingredients:
- Get 120 ml milk (any milk of choice, I used soya)
- Make ready Salt and pepper (white and ground black pepper) to season
- Prepare Garnish:
- Make ready Sprinkle of ground black pepper, optional
- Get Croutons, optional
Steps to make Potato and marrow soup:
- In a sauce pan on medium to high heat, place the potatoes, salt and water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and cook until soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In another sauce pan on medium to high heat, place the marrow as and water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and cook until soft. Then drain and set aside to cool.
- While potato and marrow cool down, in a pan on medium to high heat add oil and sauté the onions until translucent and soft. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a measuring jug, pour in 250ml warm water and stock cube. Stir to dissolve mixture.
- In another measuring jug add 120ml of milk.
- To make the soup in a food process add the cooked vegetables and sautéed onions and garlic. Blitz together and then apply pour in the stock bit by bit. Once incorporated pour in the milk bit by bit.
- In a large stockpot or saucepan, pour a bit of the mixture into a sieve at a time and push through the soup. This makes the soup extra smooth.
- Once all of the mixture has pushed through, on medium heat, heat the soup up. In a measuring jug, pour in 190ml warm water and the remaining stock cube. Stir to dissolve mixture. Pour into the soup mixture and stir well. Now season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Once soup is heated through turn off heat.
- In a soup bowl, ladle the soup and serve immediately while pipping hot. Eat as it is or garnish with ground black pepper (optional) and croutons (optional).
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
Sustaining and nutritious, the key to this marrow soup is good stock and fresh herbs. If you have time, deep-fry a handful of sage leaves for a few seconds to scatter over the soup just before serving. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious. This video shows how I make my Russian Style Mushroom and Potato Soup. It is a really hearty homemade soup with lots of layers of flavor. I top my parsnip soup with crispy pancetta and creamy creme fresh, which reminds me of a more Add the potato and parsnips and cook until both are just tender and easily pierced by a fork, about In a few words… Chocolate + Marrow began in my Portland, Oregon home but is now on the high seas! Cheddar Beer Potato SoupHezzi-D's Books and Cooks. This hearty soup with onion, carrot, potato, and cabbage is quick and simple to prepare. Reviews for: Photos of Carrot, Potato, and Cabbage Soup. Sweat both in butter until translucent. Add the potato cubes and deglaze with the wine. Purée the soup with a hand blender and stir in the cream and the Parmesan. Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Potato soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for a cold winter's day or whenever you have a craving for a rich, potato-based dish. This soup can be served before a meal or it can even be served as a main course. Carrot and potatoes go together surprisingly well. Discard bay leaf and puree soup. Potatoes cooked in broth with mushrooms add body and thickness to this simple, puréed potato mushroom soup. A hearty and comforting potato dumpling soup with vegetables, this chicken soup will warm you up during the cold months of the year.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food potato and marrow soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!