Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Cauliflower Parsnips Easter Christmas Thanksgiving Dinner Party Potluck Gluten Free Healthy Low Carb Vegetarian Milk Cauliflower Mushroom Garlic Side Dish Make Ahead Holidays Weeknight Dinner Fall Winter Comfort Food Vegetables Easy. It lacks the starchiness of mashed potatoes, it lacks the heft!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Take For the elk
- Get 4 lb elk roast
- Take 6 slices bacon
- Take 1 LG sweet onion
- Make ready 4 cloves minced garlic
- Make ready 12 large basil leaves, chopped
- Get Around 10 cups beef stock
- Prepare 1 bottle good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon
- Prepare 2 cups flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper
- Take Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika
- Make ready For the mash
- Get 3 LG parsnips, peeled and cubed
- Get 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- Get 1/4 cup milk
- Prepare 2 tbs butter
- Get to taste Sea salt and black pepper
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take Other ingredients
- Take 1 loaf sourdough french baguette
- Make ready Creme fraiche
- Make ready Grated gruyere cheese
Steps to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon.
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl.
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil.
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely.
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky.
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
It's really freakin' good, but it's also fairly flat. It lacks the starchiness of mashed potatoes, it lacks the heft! In playing with alternative options I have found that parsnips and roasted garlic are the magic combination to take cauliflower mash to another level. Cauliflower Parsnips Easter Christmas Thanksgiving Dinner Party Potluck Gluten Free Healthy Low Carb Vegetarian Milk Cauliflower Mushroom Garlic Side Dish Make Ahead Holidays Weeknight Dinner Fall Winter Comfort Food Vegetables Easy. This cauliflower and parsnips mash is buttery, incredibly smooth, and topped with saucy garlic mushrooms. You start by cooking the cauliflower florets and chopped parsnips in boiling water until fork tender, then drain and purée with some garlic in a food processor until smooth. Roasted Parsnip and Cauliflower Soup with Buttered CroutonsFoodness Gracious. salt, chicken stock, rosemary, whole. Parsnip & cauliflower mash. by Jenny Chandler. A veggie side dish that delivers on flavour. Cauliflower parsnip mash is a simple, gluten free, vegetarian, low carb side dish! Ready in just minutes, this is the perfect healthy side dish! How to get fluffy mashed cauliflower parsnips: Be sure to fully drain the cauliflower and parsnips before mashing. Add the milk a little bit at a time. This roasted cauliflower & parsnip mash is a flavorful and simple seasonal side dish. If you've never had parsnips before, they have a very similar texture to a potato when mashed, and have much more of a root vegetable flavor. In this lesson, the Curry Girls introduce a flavorful mash recipe made from cauliflower and parsnips—a tasty and nutritious alternative to mashed potatoes! Cauliflower and parsnip combined with milk and butter make a great alternative to traditional mashed potato. Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash recipe: "Switch up the old fashioned mashed potatoes this year and add some more veggies to this traditional dish! Creamy cauliflower and parsnips combine with red potatoes and are topped with savory mushroom thyme gravy. DIRECTIONS Peel the parsnips and chop into even sized chunks.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!