Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, arroz con dulce. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook arroz con dulce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Arroz Con Dulce:
- Prepare 4 cup water
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp cloves
- Make ready 1 tbsp crushed fresh ginger
- Make ready 1 cup regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
- Prepare 1 tbsp cooking oil or butter
- Make ready 1/2 cup raisins
- Take 14 oz coconut cream (1 can Coco López)
- Get 1 cup brown sugar
Instructions to make Arroz Con Dulce:
- For best results, soak rice in water for about two hours prior to cooking. Drain.
- Add the salt, cloves and ginger to three cups of water in a deep sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Sieve through a colander to remove the remnants of the spices.
- Bring to a boil once again. Add the coconut cream, rice, sugar and oil. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about twenty minutes.
- Add the raisins and blend in. Continue to cook, uncovered, until the rice has absorbed all the water (about fifteen more minutes).
- Cooking times vary depending on your climate and elevation from sea level. Don't worry: this recipe is very forgiving of cooking lapses. Just don't overcook!
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish about one inch high and allow to cool. Sprinkle ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar on the pudding and cut in two-inch squares for your diners.
- It is equally enjoyable after refrigeration. It will keep for several days, well covered in the refrigerator.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food arroz con dulce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!