Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, crispy pork belly with chilli caramel. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have crispy pork belly with chilli caramel using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Prepare MASTERSTOCK:
- Get 400 ml light soy
- Get 400 ml dark soy
- Take 500 ml chinese cooking wine
- Get 400 g brown sugar
- Make ready 6 garlic cloves, brused
- Get 4 cloves
- Make ready 6 star anise
- Take 3 cinnamon quils
- Get 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Prepare 3 L water
- Make ready 2 small knobs ginger, bruised
- Get 1/2 bunch spring onion
- Get 2 kg pork belly, skin and bones removed
- Take CHILLI CARAMEL:
- Make ready 50 g long red chilli, finely sliced
- Prepare 200 g coconut sugar
- Get 100 g palm sugar
- Make ready 125 ml water
- Take 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Get 1 tbs sea salt
- Take 2 tbs fish sauce
- Get 20 g ginger, finely julienned
Instructions to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Masterstock: Put everything except the pork belly into a large stockpot into which the belly will fit snugly.
- Bring to the simmer and add the belly. Use a plate to submerge the belly.
- Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until tender. If the tip of the sharp knife goes through the meat easily. It is done. Let cool slightly. Carefully lift the belly out.
- Sandwich between two trays, skin side down, with a heavy weight on top and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Bring the stock back to a boil to sterilize. Cool and store. The stock can be reused by topping up extra seasoning and spice.
- The next day, trim the pork belly and cut into 2 1/2 cm cubes.
- Chilli Caramel: Soak and sliced chilies in a container of warm water. The majority of seed will sink to the bottom. Discard the water and the seeds.
- Bring all the ingredients to simmer in a pot. Simmer for 10 minutes and cool.
- To Finish: Fry the cubed pork belly in 180 C vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Warm up enough of the chilli caramel to coat pork belly. Toss the belly in a chilli caramel until well coated.
- Scatter over the coriander to garnish
- Serve with the Nam Pla Phrik on the side.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food crispy pork belly with chilli caramel recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!