Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken ghee roast |spicy chicken roast. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Ghee Roast
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken ghee roast |spicy chicken roast using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Ghee Roast |Spicy Chicken Roast:
- Take 300 g Chicken
- Take 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- Make ready 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Take 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Get 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Get 1 chopped Onion
- Make ready 2 Green chillies
- Take 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- Make ready 1 spring Curry leaves
- Make ready leaves Coriander
- Get 2-3 tbsp oil
- Take 1-2 tsp Ghee
- Get to taste Salt
- Prepare To dry roast and grind
- Prepare 2 Cloves
- Get 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- Get 2 Cardamom
- Get 1 tsp Peppercorns
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Chicken ghee roast is a very popular Mangalorean dish and is an absolute delight to eat. Pair it with Neer Dosa or Appam and it makes for an awesome meal. The ghee roast originated in a small town called Kundapur near Mangalore. The ghee flavored fiery red, tangy and spicy dish soon became. chicken ghee roast recipe - Easy, delicious, flavorful, soft, juicy ghee roasted chicken to accompany rice.
Steps to make Chicken Ghee Roast |Spicy Chicken Roast:
- Wash, clean and cut the chicken into pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the ingredients mentioned above for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Take them into a plate and allow it to cool.
- In a mixie jar/blender add the roasted ingredients and grind into a fine powder. keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add 2-3 tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot add fennel seeds and allow it crackle.
- Next, add chopped onions, slit green chillies, 1/2tsp salt and fry until onion turns into translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes until raw smell goes.
- Then add chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes on high flame.Add turmeric,chilli powder,coriander powder.Fry on a medium flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt, curry leaves and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes on low flame.keep stirring in the middle to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Open the lid and check if the chicken is cooked or not. Once the chicken is cooked add the ground masala powder and mix well.
- Then add 2-3 tsp of ghee and fry for 1-2 minutes on medium flame. Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the chicken ghee roast into a serving bowl and enjoy as a side with steamed rice, rasam or a starter.
The ghee roast originated in a small town called Kundapur near Mangalore. The ghee flavored fiery red, tangy and spicy dish soon became. chicken ghee roast recipe - Easy, delicious, flavorful, soft, juicy ghee roasted chicken to accompany rice. Can make it ahead and refrigerate. This chicken ghee roast recipe yields chunks that are soft, juicy, flavorful, delicious, spicy and hot. It pairs well with plain rice and tomato rasam or any vegetable.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken ghee roast |spicy chicken roast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!