Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cut the Grass Jelly into cubes and serve over crushed ice for a simple chilled dessert. A black herbal Asian grass jelly dessert or leung fan recipe has step by step photos to show how to make it from scratch.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert:
- Get 1 can grass jelly, diced and cubed (from fridge)
- Take 1 can lychees, sliced in half (from fridge)
- Get To cook sago:
- Make ready 50 g sago
- Make ready 2-3 cups water
- Make ready To cook tapioca pearls:
- Take 80 g tapioca pearls
- Take 1 tablespoon sugar (cooking the tapioca pearls, add more or less depending on preference)
- Get 2 cups water
- Make ready To cook the glutinous rice balls:
- Take 10-15 glutinous rice balls
- Get Water for cooking the glutinous rice balls (enough to cover)
- Get Winter melon syrup:
- Make ready 1 can winter melon drink (from fridge)
- Get Water (to dilute winter melon drink, add as much or little depending on sweetness preference)
Steps to make Grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert:
- Open the can of grass jelly and drain the liquid. Place grass jelly on a large chopping board and slice into cubes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Open the can of lychees and drain the syrup. Slice the lychees in half and transfer into a bowl. Then set aside.
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and sago. Stir the sago so it doesn’t stick. Cook sago until the pearls become completely translucent. Once sago is cooked, immediately pour sago into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and bring water to boil. Then pour in tapioca pearls along with the sugar. Cook pearls for 5 minutes or as instructed on the package. The pearls will float to the top of the saucepan. Once pearls are cooked, immediately pour pearls into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan on medium to low heat, pour in water and bring water to boil. Place rice balls into the sauce pan. Occassionally stir the rice balls. Cook for 3 minutes or until the rice balls float to the top. Once rice balls are cooked, immediately pour into a sieve and run under cold water few times. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To assemble the dessert, in a large bowl, place grass jelly, lychees. Then add the winter melon drink along with water. Stir well and taste the syrup to see if too sweet. Tip: Winter melon always needs to be diluted down as it is naturally overly sweet. Once to desired sweetness, add the tapioca pearls, sago and glutinous rice balls.
- Give everything a good mix to incorporate all of the ingredients. Tip: if you prefer the dessert colder, add a few ice cubes or shaved into the bowl and stir. Using a ladle transfer the dessert into bowls and eat. It can also be served with fresh fruits on the side such as mangoes.
These types of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
Grass Jelly is a refreshing vegetarian jelly with a glassy smooth texture. Cut the Grass Jelly into cubes and serve over crushed ice for a simple chilled dessert. Another tasty option is to cut the jelly into small pieces and add to your favorite icy beverage. A black herbal Asian grass jelly dessert or leung fan recipe has step by step photos to show how to make it from scratch. Enjoy this homemade from scratch grass jelly dessert recipe! Also, check out these black glutinous rice dessert, white rabbit candy ice cream and black sesame soup Asian. Lychee jelly, grass jelly and egg pudding replacing tapioca balls in bubble tea. Share this Ebony n Ivory Dessert (Grass Jelly and Tapioca Pearls Dessert). [I ate] icy grass jelly with taro balls and sweet potato balls with creamer (Taiwanese dessert). Grass Jelly, Mango, Lychee with Thai Basil Seeds. We are having some scorching hot weather for the past few days Refreshing grass jelly with smooth and jiggly texture is a popular ingredient to be used in dessert and drink across Asia. Ebony n Ivory Dessert - a cool dessert combining tapioca pearls and grass jelly sweetened with maple syrup. Nothing beats a glass of this cool refreshing Honeydew Sago Dessert with coconut milk on… The Best Tapioca Pearls Recipes on Yummly Banana-coconut Tapioca Pudding, Tapioca Pearls With Mango, Tapioca Pearls In Coconut Milk. Ebony n Ivory Dessert (Grass Jelly and Tapioca Pearls)Roti n Rice. Grass jelly, or leaf jelly or herb jelly, is a jelly-like dessert eaten in East Asia (mainly in China and Southeast Asia). It is created by using the Platostoma palustre plant (a member of the mint family) and has a mild, slightly bitter taste. Grass jelly drinks such as with lychees are the best thirst quencher on warm sunny days. If you are living abroad, look for grass jelly powder which are usually located in the aisle where you'd find dried boba pearls. Grass jelly is made by boiling the aged and slightly oxidized stalks and leaves of Platostoma palustre (Mesona chinensis) with potassium carbonate (derived Tapioca pearls are made from Cassava root. Grass jelly is also vegan, it is made from Mesona chinensis stalks and leaves.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food grass jelly with lychees, tapioca pearls, glutinous rice balls and sago dessert recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!