Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, thai basil beef. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thai Basil Beef is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Thai Basil Beef is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have thai basil beef using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Basil Beef:
- Prepare Lemongrass Rice:
- Prepare 1 C. Jasmine rice
- Make ready 1 C. Coconut milk
- Prepare 1 C. Water
- Make ready 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- Get 1/4 C. Fresh lemongrass
- Take Thai Basil Beef:
- Make ready 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Make ready 4 baby bell peppers, sliced
- Take 1 red Chili, sliced
- Make ready 2 spring onions, chopped
- Get 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- Take 1/2 tsp. Honey
- Take 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Take 1 lime, juiced
- Take 1 lime, sliced
- Get 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- Prepare 2 tsp. Fresh ginger, grated
- Take 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- Prepare 1/3 C. & 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce, divided
- Make ready 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili sauce
- Make ready 2 C. Fresh basil
- Get Toasted Sesame seeds for serving
- Make ready Chopped roasted peanuts for serving
- Prepare Butter leaf lettuce
Instructions to make Thai Basil Beef:
- To make the rice add coconut milk and water to medium size pot. Bring to a low boil and then add the rice, Sesame oil, and lemongrass. Stir to combine and then place lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low. After w0 minutes take the rice off the heat and then let sit, covered for 15-20 minutes. Do not open lid during this time.
- After 15-20 minutes remove lid and fluff with a fork and stir in chopped peanuts if desired.
- While the rice is cooking make the beef mixture. Add the carrots, peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and 2 Tbsp Soy sauce to a medium bowl. Combine and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok. Add the oil and once hot add the garlic and ginger. Cook 15-30 seconds and then add the beef.
- Add pepper and cook until browned. And 1/3 C. Soy sauce, 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and 1 C. fresh Basil.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 min. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1C. fresh Basil.
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add thepepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food thai basil beef recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!