Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad:
- Make ready 2 1/2 lb carrots
- Take 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- Make ready 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Make ready 2 sprigs thyme
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic, minced (use garlic press)
- Prepare Olive Oil
- Prepare Salt
- Make ready 5 navel oranges
- Make ready 3 avocados
- Get Olive Oil
- Take Lime Juice
- Get Smoked Paprika
- Prepare leaves cilantro
Instructions to make Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad:
- Peel the carrots and cut o the bias into long slices about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Grind the coriander and fennel seeds in a coffee mill. Put the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with oil, just enough to lightly coat them. Sprinkle with the ground coriander and fennel seeds, the minced garlic and salt and toss again to mix well. Lay the thyme sprigs on top of the carrots and roast at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes. The carrots should be tender but not mushy.
- While the carrots are roasting prepare the oranges and avocados. Cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges, then peel them, using the knife and cutting down from top to bottom all around the orange; slice the oranges across the grain forming pin wheels of about 1/3 thick; remove the flesh from the skin. cut each avocado half into about 6 wedges. Lightly salt the avocado wedges.
- When the carrots are done, assemble the salads on plates arranging the carrot slices, orange slices and avocado wedges. Put a few cilantro leaves on each salad. Drizzle with a just a little lime juice and then dust with a little bit of smoked paprika. Serve immediately. This salad also works to add cherry tomatoes and little bit of mixed greens.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!