Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, pork monggo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Monggo is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Pork Monggo is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have pork monggo using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Monggo:
- Prepare 1/2 kilo pork cut into cubes
- Make ready 1 cup hibe/dried shrimp
- Make ready 1 cup monggo/mung beans
- Get 1 ampalaya/bittermelon no seed sliced thinly,soaked in hot water
- Prepare 5 cloves garlic minced
- Prepare 1 onion diced
- Take 2 tomatoes cubed
- Make ready 1-2 cups malunggay leaves
- Make ready 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Make ready 1 pork bouillon cube
- Prepare 6 cups water
- Take Cooking oil
- Get to taste Salt and pepper
- Make ready Optional: crushed chicharon and tinapa (smoked fish) flakes
Steps to make Pork Monggo:
- In a pot, boil washed mung beans in water (make sure beans are covered in water, add more whenever necessary to avoid burning) for 30-45 minutes or until soft/cooked. Set aside.
- Heat pan in oil and add garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Add tomatoes and dried shrimp cook for about 2-3 minutes.Add ampalaya/bitter melon or gourd that was soaked in hot water to remove bitterness (make sure to rinse and remove water from ampalaya). Set aside.
- In the same pan, add pork and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until all sides have browned. If the cut pork has fat, I like making sure the fat part is toasted to make it crunchy. Or just throw the pork in the air fryer to cook.
- Add cooked pork, garlic, onions, ampalaya/bittermelon, tomatoes, dried shrimp and pork cube to the pot with the cooked monggo beans and bring to a boil. Add fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add malunggay leaves and cover pot for another 5 minutes to let the residual heat cook the leaves.
- Serve with chicharon or tinapa flakes on top and with a side of steamed white rice.
Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not include several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pork monggo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!