Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, beef short rib with corn whipped potatoes. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef short rib with corn whipped potatoes using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes:
- Make ready 2 lbs beef short ribs cut 2-inches x 2-inches
- Prepare 1/4 cup celery
- Prepare 1/4 cup carrot
- Take 1/4 cup onion
- Make ready 1 sprig thyme
- Get 1 teaspoon sage
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Take 2 each ancho chili (seeds and stems removed)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- Get 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- Prepare 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare 1/4 cup smoked onion
- Prepare 1/4 cup tomato
- Take 1/4 cup red wine
- Prepare 1 tsp jalapeno pepper
- Get 4 cups Dr Pepper
- Get 2 quarts chicken stock
- Take Corn Whipped Potatoes
- Make ready 6-8 large Idaho Russet potatoes peeled
- Get 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Make ready 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 1 can corn
- Get 1 cup shredded cheese (I like velveeta original)
- Make ready to taste Salt & Peper
Instructions to make Beef Short Rib with Corn Whipped Potatoes:
- In a large saute' pan over medium high heat, season short ribs with salt & pepper and sear with veg oil, fat side down.
- After 3 minutes, turn the show ribs over and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the short ribs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced celery, carrot and onion to the pan and cook until golden brown, around 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, smoked onion, jalapeño, and tomato and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add red wine and reduce the liquid by half. Then add Dr Pepper and reduce by half. Add chicken stock and the short ribs back to pan. Cover pan and place in oven 300 for 4 to 5 hrs until tender.
- Remove the short ribs from the oven and set aside. Strain the remaining liquid from the pan through a fine mesh strainer and into a medium size sauce pot. Place the sauce pot over medium high heat and reduce liquid by half. Season to taste.
- Corn Whipped Potatoes : Bring potatoes to boil, then bring them down to summer and cook 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain
- Place in large bowl and with electric mixer, mix till smooth. Add in cream a little at a time so you do not make them to thin, add in butter and corn (pour off water), stirring well after the addition of each ingredient. Add salt and pepper to taste.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food beef short rib with corn whipped potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!