Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, temari sushi (bite-sized sushi balls). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook temari sushi (bite-sized sushi balls) using 6 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Temari Sushi (Bite-sized Sushi Balls):
- Make ready 960 grams Sushi rice
- Make ready 8 large eggs Usuyaki tamago
- Make ready 1 Cucumber
- Take 1 Whatever cuts of sashimi you prefer
- Get 4 leaves Shiso leaf
- Make ready 1 Japanese mustard mayonnaise, nori seaweed, wasabi, toasted sesame seeds, etc.
Instructions to make Temari Sushi (Bite-sized Sushi Balls):
- Prepare the sushi rice. I used a 25 cm square container for a gift box. A lid can be made with plastic wrap and eggs.
- Place cucumber on a chopping board and peel. Then slice the cucumbers with a peeler to use as the bows.
- Soak the the sliced cucumbers in water to make them crisp.
- The peeled cucumber skin can be also used for temari decorations. I folded over the skin, which had been salted and submerged in water, to make a square knot.
- Prepare the usuyaki tamago. Use 6 large eggs to make 14 thin omelets in a 24 cm frying pan.
- Cut the edges of the omelets into a square. The excess can be used for tamago 'gunkan' (battleship, as shown in the pictures below wrapping around the sushi balls) or thinly sliced omelets for the temari balls.
- Ex.1 Tamago gunkan: Make four 3 cm wide 12-15 cm long strips and wrap sushi rolls. Top with salmon roe and decorate with Step 4.
- Ex. 2 Gunkan: Cut the nori into 3 cm wide 12-15 cm long strips and wrap sushi rice. Spread Japanese mustard mayonnaise and place a thinly sliced omelet and imitation crab sticks.
- Main temari sushi balls. Slice sashimi in desired size. The temari sushi rice balls can be as big as 2 cm.
- Lay out the circular sushi rice, followed by the toppings in plastic wrap. Squeeze tightly into a ball (leave them wrapped).
- Ex. 3 Use three pieces of tuna and cover the entire rice to make tuna temari.
- Ex. 4 Combine two ama-ebi shrimp into a U shape with the tails up on rice to make ama-ebi temari.
- Ex. 5 Cover a portion of sushi rice with one shiso leaf and place 4 pieces of squid in a crisscross pattern on top to make squid shiso leaf temari.
- Ex. 6 Sprinkle toasted sesame over sushi rice, and place two small pieces of salmon on top to make salmon temari.
- Ex. 7 Place one piece of greater amberjack (kanpachi) on temari to make kanpachi temari.
- Ex. 8 Wrap sliced cucumber around sushi rice as a gunkan roll (seen in pictures) and lay a salmon slice crosswise to make salmon cucumber temari.
- After making temari sushi balls as desired, lay the container with a usuyaki tamago omelet to place the sushi balls on top. When all are in place, cover tightly with plastic wrap and put the lid on.
- Cover the container with 4 omelets and cut the excess with scissors so they fit in the container. When preparing ahead of time, cover the plastic wrap over the eggs.
- Lay the sliced cucumbers crosswise, so that the edges are 3-4 cm longer than the container height and drape over the side.
- For a bow, drain Step 3. Fold one slice twice and secure one folded slice after another crisscross on a toothpick.
- Once folding is finished, place the folded slices on top so that the toothpick is invisible. Adjust the cucumber slices to make the bow look pretty. Done!
- When placing on a table, tuck in the edges of the cucumber slices between the bottom of the container and the table. This helps the bow look like it wraps all around.
- To eat, remove the cucumber bows and take away the omelet lid with the plastic wrap attached.
Your daily diet must have at least several of these super foods. Why not add several beans or blueberries? Next, try adding a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, together with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Moreover, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food temari sushi (bite-sized sushi balls) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!