Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef burgundy soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Burgundy Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Beef Burgundy Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef burgundy soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Burgundy Soup:
- Take 1 1/2 lb Beef, cubed
- Take AP flour
- Make ready Salt/Pepper
- Make ready Canola Oil
- Prepare 2 yellow onions, julienne
- Prepare 1 large carrot, diced
- Take 3 celery sticks, diced
- Make ready 2 T garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 c Dry red wine
- Prepare 3 Q beef stock
- Get 2 bay leaf
- Prepare 2 T fresh thyme
- Take 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- Take 2 russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional)
- Get to taste salt/pepper
Instructions to make Beef Burgundy Soup:
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat.
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed.
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated.
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer.
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente.
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food beef burgundy soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!