Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pho (vietnamese beef soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have pho (vietnamese beef soup) using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pho (Vietnamese Beef Soup):
- Make ready broth
- Take 5-6 pounds beef knuckles or leg bones
- Get 6 quarts cold water
- Take 2 medium onions, quartered
- Take 4 -inch piece of fresh ginger, halved lengthwise
- Get 2 cinnamon sticks
- Make ready 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Make ready 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- Make ready 6 star anise
- Take 6 whole cloves
- Make ready 1 black cardamom pod (see note below)
- Make ready 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- Take 1/4 cup fish sauce
- Make ready 1 -inch piece yellow rock sugar (see note below)
- Get assembly
- Prepare 1 pound small (1/8-inch wide) dried or fresh “banh pho” noodles (see note)
- Take 1/2 pound raw eye of round, sirloin or tri-tip steak, thinly sliced across the grain (see note)
- Take 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions (see note)
- Prepare 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Get for the table
- Make ready Sprigs fresh mint and/or Asian/Thai basil
- Prepare Bean sprouts
- Take Thinly sliced red chilies (such as Thai bird)
- Get Lime wedges
- Take Fish sauce
- Make ready Hoisin sauce
Instructions to make Pho (Vietnamese Beef Soup):
- Add beef bones to a large pot that will hold at least 10 quarts. Then, cover bones with cold water. Place pot onto high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes. During this time, impurities and foam (or scum) will be released and rise to the top. Drain bones, discarding the water. Then, rinse bones with warm water and scrub stockpot to remove any residue that has stuck to the sides. Add the bones back to the stockpot and cover with 6 quarts of cold water.
- Meanwhile, move an oven rack to a high position then turn broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place quartered onions and halved ginger onto baking sheet then broil for 10 to 15 minutes, turning onions and ginger occasionally so that they become charred or browned on all sides.
- Add cinnamon sticks, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, star anise, cloves and the black cardamom pod to a dry frying pan. Place onto low heat and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant. About 5 minutes. Place toasted spices into a cotton muslin bag/herb sachet or cheesecloth then tie with butchers twine to seal.
- Bring stockpot with parboiled bones and water to a boil then lower to a gentle simmer. Add charred onion and ginger as well as the bag or sachet of toasted spices. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt, a 1/4 cup of fish sauce and the rock sugar. Continue to simmer broth, uncovered, for 3 hours. If at any time foam or scum rises to the surface, use a spoon to remove it.
- Use tongs or a wide mesh spoon to remove bones, onion and ginger from broth then strain broth through a fine mesh strainer. The broth will have a layer of fat at the the top. There are two ways to remove this. First, if you plan to enjoy the broth now, skim the fat from the top of the broth using a spoon. If you do not mind waiting, you can also pour broth into containers then refrigerate overnight. As the broth cools, the fat will solidify, making it very easy to remove.
- ASSEMBLY - Bring the broth to a gentle simmer over medium heat. - - If you are using dried noodles, add noodles to a bowl then cover with hot water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes until soft and opaque. If you are using fresh, add to a colander then rinse with cold water.
- To cook the noodles, bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil. Place noodles into boiling water and cook for about 10 seconds or until they collapse. Drain noodles then divide between bowls. (We like to fill each bowl by 1/3 with noodles).
- Arrange slices of raw meat into bowls, and then top with the hot broth. Finish broth with onion slices and cilantro. Serve bowls with a plate of optional garnishes listed above.
Your daily diet need to have at least a few of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food pho (vietnamese beef soup) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!