Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, redcurrent jelly. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious. It should be thick and may even wrinkle. This came from my one of my mother's handwritten recipe cards.
Redcurrent jelly is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Redcurrent jelly is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook redcurrent jelly using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Redcurrent jelly:
- Take Equal weight of redcurrants and sugar
- Make ready Empty glass jam jars or equivalent, washed, dried and warmed in a low heat oven(120 degrees C) for 5 minutes
- Take Fine sieve, or a sieve and clean gauze to sieve
Instructions to make Redcurrent jelly:
- Wash the redcurrants, stalks and all and place in a saucepan
- Heat on a low heat so that the fruit starts to break down - about 5 minutes
- Add the sugar on top of the fruit and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and boil for approx. 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take care - the mixture will be very hot.
- Place a fine sieve over a bowl. If you don't have a fine sieve then place some gauze in the sieve beforehand.
- Carefully pour the redcurrants mixture into the sieve and let the jelly drip through. I used a fine sieve and a wooden spoon to squeeze the jelly out a little faster, and before it started to set.
- Carefully pour into clean, warm jam jars and seal - you can used lids, waxed paper or waxed cloth that can be tied down.
- Cool and store in a cool place
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
A classic red currant jelly made from fresh currants. This came from my one of my mother's handwritten recipe cards. Editor's Tip: To test if the jelly is setting properly, lightly drag the back of a wooden spoon across the surface. It should be thick and may even wrinkle. Simply made with fruit, sugar, and water this red currant jelly has both a sweet and tart taste. Currants naturally possess a perfect combination of pectin and acidity, which ensures a good jell without the need to add commercial pectin. The result is a delicious jelly with a color as brilliant as that of the fruit. The red currant jam or redcurrant jelly is one of my favorite summer preserves. Not only because I love the spread as it is, on toast, but also because every time I make it I happily anticipate all those delicious cookies I can make in winter. Red currant jam is the best one to use for cookies. Redcurrant jelly is traditionally served with the meats and its tangy flavour perfectly compliments them. Adding a teaspoon into lamb or venison casseroles really ramps up the flavour too. Or simply serve it with cold meats and cheeses for a lovely evening supper. They are in season after the summer equinox. The currants must be picked free of leaves, etc., but need not be stalked. Wash and drain them, and place in a jar in a pan of hot water. Heat the fruit thoroughly, and mash it with a heavy wooden spoon or pestle. Place it in a jelly-bag, and let drip all night. The following day, measure the juice; allow one pound of. Redcurrent is an iconic home & lifestyle accessories retailer with stores across New Zealand and online.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food redcurrent jelly recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!