Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal kermanshahi). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Persian Chicken Casserole with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce (Khoresh-e Fesenjan) There are three essential elements to this khoresh, or stew, which is often called Iran's national dish First, the sweet, pungent flavor of dried or fresh Finally, the classic Persian technique of sautéing a mountain of finely minced herbs lends character and complexity to the foundation of the stew. TEHRAN - Khoresh-e Ghormeh Sabzi is known as one of the most prominent dishes in Persian culinary heritage. The herb stew is loaded with The herb stew is loaded with the flavors of several different green herbs and it's traditionally served atop white rice.
Pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal Kermanshahi) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal Kermanshahi) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal kermanshahi) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal Kermanshahi):
- Prepare 500 grams stewing diced lamb/beef
- Prepare 1 cup silver blanched almond
- Get 2 onions, chopped
- Get 3 table spoons crispy fried golden brown onions
- Get 2 table spoons tomato paste
- Take 2 table spoon rose water
- Take 2 cm cinnamon stick
- Make ready Pinch saffron
- Get Salt
- Make ready Cooking oil
- Make ready 2 table spoon barberry(zereshk)
- Prepare 4-5 dried limes soaked in water for one hour
- Prepare Half tea spoon turmeric powder
This tasty red stew is very popular with European and American friends. In Iran it is common for people to occasionally prepare large quantities of food to share it with people in. Remove lamb from oven and stir in spinach, limes, spring onions, herbs and turmeric. Re-cover dish and bake for a further hour or until lamb is falling Serve stew with barberry rice, pickled vegetables, flatbread and extra herbs.
Instructions to make Pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal Kermanshahi):
- Half the limes, discard the seeds as they are bitter.(Usually in persian dishes they put some holes on skin in order to flavour come out during cooking but I half them for extra flavour and removing seeds). Soal saffron in 2 table spoon hot water. Clean and wash zereshk.
- In a deep pot, heat some oil. Saute 2 onions until soft. Add turmeric powder and cinnamon stick and diced meat, saute until meat change color. Add almonds and saute more. Add enough water to cover all ingredients. Bring it to boil. Cover the pot. Lower flame. Let it simmer for two hours until meat is tender.
- Add tomato paste, salt, fried crispy onions, saffron and dried limes. Simmer on low flame for 40 minutes. Now add barberries(zereshk) and rose water. Turn off the flame.
- Serve khoresh khelal with plain steamed long grain rice pilaf. Enjoy!
Remove lamb from oven and stir in spinach, limes, spring onions, herbs and turmeric. Re-cover dish and bake for a further hour or until lamb is falling Serve stew with barberry rice, pickled vegetables, flatbread and extra herbs. Note • Dried limes and lemons, dried fenugreek leaves, barberries and. Traditionally, Persian salads are decked with a variety of fresh herbs, such as Khoresh-e Bamieh-o-Bademjan - Eggplant and Okra Stew. This stew is a perfect combination of fresh okra and tender eggplant simmering in a luscious tomato sauce along with browned lamb.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pesian lamb and almond stew(khoresh khelal kermanshahi) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!