Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ox/beef stew cooked in red wine. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have ox/beef stew cooked in red wine using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine:
- Make ready 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- Get 4 small potatoes, peeled and and cut into quarters
- Take 4 small onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- Make ready 80 g green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- Get 1/2 swede, peeled and cut into small squares
- Make ready 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Take 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced
- Make ready 1-2 stalks celery, sliced
- Get 500 g beef or ox cheek, or both, cut into chunks
- Make ready 4 tbsp rapeseed oil or olive oil
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Get to taste Ground black pepper
- Prepare 1 beef oxo cube
- Get 400 ml red wine
- Make ready 1 tsp dried thyme
- Make ready 200 ml water, plus extra if needed
- Make ready 100 g pearl Barley
- Prepare 1 tsp dried oregano
- Get 2 Bay leaves
Instructions to make Ox/Beef Stew Cooked In Red Wine:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil then in batches brown the meat. Set aside when done.
- Next add the rest of the oil and fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Then add the celery, carrots, parsnip, swede, oregano and thyme. Dry fry for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine, water bay leaves and oxo cube. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Scrape the bottom with the spoon.
- Once boiling add the meat and any meat juices.
- Add the potatoes, Barley and beans.
- Stew cook over a low/medium heat for 3-4 hours. I ran out or time so I cooked mine over a medium heat for 2 hours adding more water when it become a little dry. Stir occasionally.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ox/beef stew cooked in red wine recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!