Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, ham in coke. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
What to do with the incredible ham/cola juice? These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook ham in coke using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham in coke:
- Make ready 2 kg gammon, mild cure
- Take 1 onion, peeled and halved
- Make ready 2 litres cola
- Get Glaze
- Prepare 1 handful Cloves
- Get 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Take 2 tsp English mustard powder
- Make ready 2 tbsp demerara sugar
Steps to make Ham in coke:
- Put the gammon in a pan, skin side down if it fits like, add the onion then pour over the cola.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a good simmer, put the lid on, though not tightly, and cook for 1 hour a kilo. If gammon is straight from fridge add 15mins to cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 240°C/gas 9
- Take the ham out of the pan and let the ham cool a little for ease of handling. (You can let it cool completely then finish off the cooking at some later stage if you want).
- Remove skin, leaving a thin layer of fat. Score the fat with a sharp knife to make fairly large diamond shapes, and stud each diamond with a clove. Then carefully spread the golden syrup over the fat. Then gently pat the mustard and sugar onto the sticky fat.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or till the glaze is dark and bubbly. If you left the ham after the simmering, cook for 30-40 minutes at 180°C instead
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
This ham in cola is fabulous. What to do with the incredible ham/cola juice? On Boxing Day chop several onions, spring onions, garlic, chillis and finally chop carrots. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! BAKED HAM in COKE is a recipe from NIGELLA LAWSON. It takes a few minutes of prep, and leave the ham simmering in the coke to create this amazing pull apart melt in the mouth ham. Ham in coke might not sound delicious, but trust us it is! The addition of the sweet fizzy drink brings out the flavour of the ham joint. Coca-Cola Baked Ham: A classic ham in coke recipe, with a glistening Coca-cola ham glaze. Coca-Cola Ham is a very southern preparation born in the heart of Georgia. Classic cola-cola glazed ham recipe with brown sugar and dijon that self-bastes in an oven bag for a I either bake it in a baking bag with a can of Coke (because it's wicked easy and bastes itself) or I. Recipe for non-ketogenic followers uses real Coke! #ham #keto #lowcarb #sugarfree #Christmas #Thanksgiving #Easter #holidayrecipe #ketogenic #slowcooker #crockpot. Claim: Substituting Diet Coke for regular Coca-Cola in a popular ham recipe can cause an explosion. Well, because of the aspartame in Diet Coke, I am not going to cook in it anyway, but I. This coca cola ham is a spiral cut ham coated in a coke and brown sugar glaze, then baked to perfection. Wrap ham in heavy duty Reynolds wrap. Prepare ham by placing in a deep. whole cloves. Put ham in a pan, add onion and pour over the Coke. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put the lid on and When ham is cooked, take it out of pan and let cool. Remove skin, leaving a thin layer of fat.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food ham in coke recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!