Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, bamboo shoot rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bamboo Shoot Rice is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Bamboo Shoot Rice is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bamboo shoot rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bamboo Shoot Rice:
- Get 1 medium bamboo shoots (pre-boiled)
- Make ready 1 sheet aburaage (thin fried tofu)
- Prepare 540 ml white rice (2 1/4 cups)
- Take 600 ml Dashi stock (2 1/2 cups)
- Get 3 Tbsp sake
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp light/usukuchi soy sauce
- Get 1 Tbsp mirin
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready Fresh sansho leaves (Japanese pepper tree) to garnish (optional)
Steps to make Bamboo Shoot Rice:
- Wash the rice and let drain in a fine colander for 30 minutes. Cut off the tip of the bamboo shoot and cut into comb-shaped wedges. Cut the rest of the shoot into thin, quarter-round wedges.
- Pour hot water over the aburaage/fried-tofu to remove the oil. Cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 5 mm wide strips. After that, cut into cubes.
- Put the drained rice in the rice cooker or pot, add the sake, light soy sauce, mirin and salt. Fill with dashi stock until the appropriate line. Place the bamboo shoot and aburaage on top. Cook as usual.
- After it has cooked, let the rice sit for an extra 5 minutes and then mix the rice together so the bamboo and tofu is distributed evenly. Serve in a bowl and garnish with sansho leaves.
These types of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food bamboo shoot rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!