Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys cornmeal fried aubergine / eggplant, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have vickys cornmeal fried aubergine / eggplant, gf df ef sf nf using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get 1 large aubergine/eggplant sliced into quarter inch discs
- Prepare extra salt and kitchen paper to draw out the bitter moisture
- Prepare 150 grams cornmeal or fine polenta
- Get 50 grams cornflour/cornstarch
- Prepare 1 tsp cajun spice mix
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Take 1/2 tsp pepper
- Make ready Light coconut milk for dredging
- Make ready oil for frying
Steps to make Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Place your discs on kitchen paper and salt well each side. Cover top with another sheet of paper and let rest 10 minutes so the liquid that makes the aubergine bitter is drawn out
- Mix together the corn starch, cornmeal, spice and seasonings
- Pour some light coconut milk or milk of choice in a shallow dish and dredge the aubergine discs in this, then into the cornmeal mix
- Pat the coating down well so it sticks on each side then set aside on clean kitchen paper and let rest until the oil is hot
- Cook in batches of 4. The oil should come halfway up the sides of the discs when placed in the frying pan. They need 2 minutes each side on a medium heat, or until the crust goes golden brown. They will be crunchy outside and creamy in the middle, yum!
- Serve with lemon wedges or hollandaise works very nicely. They will stay crispy for 2 days, reheat under a low grill or in a toaster bag!
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food vickys cornmeal fried aubergine / eggplant, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!