Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sig's fruit and spices relish. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have sig's fruit and spices relish using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Fruit and Spices Relish:
- Take 175 grams glace fruit, I use cherries, chopped
- Take 1 tsp corn flour
- Take 1 tbsp runny honey
- Make ready 315 ml white or rose wine
- Prepare 3 cloves
- Make ready 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- Take 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg,
- Take 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Make ready 2 cinnamon sticks,broken into pieces
- Get 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Take 200 ml water plus 1,teaspoon water,
Instructions to make Sig's Fruit and Spices Relish:
- Cut fruit into pieces. Mix corn flour with 1 teaspoon of water into a paste.
- Place 200 ml of water into pan with wine,honey and spices.
- Add the corn flour boil for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add fruit and lemon juice simmer for 15 minutes or until fruit is soft and mixture is thick.
- Spoon into a clean warm jar and seal,turn upside down for two minutes then invert,leave to cool.Store for a week before eating.
- This is a sweet relish kind of dish served with cold meat or game, I love eating it with a cheese.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sig's fruit and spices relish recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!