Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, vickys apple chutney, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vickys apple chutney, gf df ef sf nf using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Prepare 500 g (1 pound) peeled, cored and chopped cooking apples
- Take 250 g (1 & 1/4 cups) light brown sugar
- Get 160 g (1 cup) raisins
- Make ready 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Take 1 scant teaspoon mustard seeds - around 2/3 of a level tsp
- Prepare 1 scant teaspoon ground ginger - as above
- Prepare 1/4 tsp low sodium salt
- Get 240 ml (1 cup) apple cider vinegar
Instructions to make Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy based pan and stir together then bring to the boil
- Turn down to a simmer and let cook uncovered until thickened, around 20 minutes
- Once the chutney is thick and pulpy in consistency take the pan off the heat and let cool
- While the chutney is cooling, sterilize your jars. You'll need 3 x 300ml jars. Wash the jars and lids well in hot, soapy water then let air dry
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and set the jars on a baking tray open end up inside
- Bake the jars for 10 minutes and while they're in the oven, boil their lids in a pan of water for the same length of time
- Spoon the cooled chutney into the jars, seal and label. It's ready to eat now if you want but I let mine sit for 3 months before opening. Unopened and kept in a dark cupboard it will be absolutely fine for up to 2 years so double the recipe if you want to
- This chutney is fantastic with ham and cheese and makes an excellent homemade Christmas gift. It will keep well for 3 weeks after opening as long as it's kept in the fridge
These types of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vickys apple chutney, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!