Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, polenta chips with roasted garlic aioli. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have polenta chips with roasted garlic aioli using 24 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Polenta Chips with Roasted Garlic Aioli:
- Take Polenta Chips
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups milk
- Make ready 2 tbsp butter
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 1/2 tsp basil
- Get Chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Make ready 2 vegetable or chicken oxo cubes
- Take 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Prepare 2 cups polenta
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups water
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Take 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Prepare Cooking spray, for greasing
- Take Olive oil for brushing
- Make ready Roasted Garlic and Herb Aioli
- Get 2 smaller garlic blubs
- Get 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Get to taste Salt
- Get to taste Ground black pepper
- Take 1 drizzle of olive oil
Steps to make Polenta Chips with Roasted Garlic Aioli:
- To make the aioli: preheat oven to 220c.
- Cut the top of the garlic blub. Each individual blub should be visible. Place the blubs in foil, cut side up and drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Wrap with foil and place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft and golden. Allow the garlic to cool down once cooked.
- Squeeze each garlic clove out into a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients until creamy and smooth. Chill in fridge until needed.
- To make polenta: Grease baking tray with cooking spray.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add the milk, oxo cubes and water.
- Once the liquid is boiling, whisk in the polenta. Whisk continuously until the polenta is a creamy textured consistency. Should take about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add all the herbs and butter to the polenta. Combine the herbs and butter well.
- Transfer the polenta to the greased tray. Spread as evenly as possible.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 4 hours.
- Carefully flip the tray onto a cutting board. Cut lengthways then cut into approximately 1.5-2cm pieces and about 10cm long.
- You'll need a baking tray with a wire rack to make these as it'll help air circulation around the polenta chips.
- Using a spatula or similar transfer each polenta chip to the wire rack. Leave a gap between the polenta chips for air flow.
- Brush each polenta chip with a good amount of olive oil.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn once half way through cooking and brush again with a good amount of olive oil, continue baking until lightly brown.
- Allow the polenta to cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Next turn a deep fat fryer on. Fry 1-3 polenta chips at a time for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a plate lined with greaseproof paper or kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle some sea or flaked salt onto the polenta chips and serve along side the aioli
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food polenta chips with roasted garlic aioli recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!