Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, red wine braised beef. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Red Wine Braised Beef is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Red Wine Braised Beef is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook red wine braised beef using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Wine Braised Beef:
- Prepare 3 lb Boneless beef blade roast
- Make ready 1/4 cup olive oil
- Get 3 shallots
- Prepare 2 tsp Juniper berries, crushed
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Take 2 tbsp AP flour
- Prepare 2 cup Dry Red Wine
- Get 2 cup veal or beef stock
- Prepare 1 tbsp ketchup
- Take 4 large carrots, diced
- Prepare 1/4 lb pancetta, diced
- Make ready 1 tbsp honey
- Get 1 salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions to make Red Wine Braised Beef:
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown meat in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set meat on a plate. In the same skillet, soften shallots with spices in remaining oil (30 ml/2 tablespoons). Sprinkle with flour and mix well. Deglaze with wine. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Return meat to the skillet. Add half the veal stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cover and roast in the oven for 3 hours. Turn meat over three or four times during cooking and baste with remaining veal stock.
- Add carrots and pancetta around roast. Continue cooking, always covered, for about 1 hour or until meat is fork tender and vegetables are cooked.
- To give a nice crust to braised meat, move the rack to the highest position of the oven. Set the oven to broil. Drain meat and place on a baking sheet. Keep sauce and toppings warm. Brush top of the roast with honey. Broil for about 3 minutes or until surface starts to brown.
- Serve meat with toppings and drizzle with sauce. Serve with barley.
- For perfectly braised meat, don’t completely submerge meat in liquid. Instead, add liquid halfway up meat for a tastier and more concentrated sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food red wine braised beef recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!