Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, super easy pickled red onions. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Super Easy Pickled Red Onions is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Super Easy Pickled Red Onions is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook super easy pickled red onions using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Super Easy Pickled Red Onions:
- Make ready 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Make ready 1 cup white wine vinegar
- Get I teaspoon sugar
- Get 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Prepare 12 whole black peppercorns
- Take 8 whole allspice
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Make ready 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Steps to make Super Easy Pickled Red Onions:
- Peel the red onion, cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- Place in bowl and pour boiling water over the sliced onions and let sit for 30 seconds. Then rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Place the red onion slices in a jar that has an airtight fitting lid. Add the remaining ingredients and then pour over the vinegar mixture. Refrigerate.
- Delicious served with hamburgers, tacos and salads. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food super easy pickled red onions recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!