Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, tequila lime fish tacos. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
For the fish marinade: In a large mixing bowl, combine the tequila, cumin, garlic, lime juice and some salt and pepper. But I love me some delicious fish tacos.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have tequila lime fish tacos using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tequila Lime Fish Tacos:
- Take 1 medium pot of plain yoghurt
- Take 2 jalopeno peppers
- Take 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Prepare 1 tablespoon capers
- Get 3 Limes
- Make ready 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare 2 teaspoons cumin
- Make ready 10 ml tequila
- Take 1 cup plain flour
- Take 3 cod loins, or about 1lb of any chunky white fish
- Take 1 small red cabbage (grated)
- Get 1 handful chopped coriander
- Take 1/2 sliced red onion
- Make ready 2 tablespoons Mexican style chilli and spice seasoning
- Get 8 (8 inch) soft flour or corn tortillas
- Prepare 4 small ripe tomatoes
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon pepper
- Make ready 1/2 cup sunflower oil (for drying the fish)
Steps to make Tequila Lime Fish Tacos:
- Marinade the fish: cut the fish into large bit size chunks and put in a deep bowl. Then in a jug add the tequila and the rest of the lime juice, together with the salt and pepper and the cumin.
- Make the sauce: mix the yoghurt, mayo, finely chopped capers, oregano and cayenne pepper and mix well. Finally add 1/3 of the lime juice, or enough until it is slightly runny.
- Grate the cabbage, slice the tomatoes, thinly slice the red onion and chop the coriander and jalopenoes. Put to one side.
- Mix the flour and spices on a large plate, then take the fish and coat it. I find using two forks to toss the fish is easiest. Make sure the fish chunks are separate or they will stick together!
- Fry the fish until the coating is a nice golden brown.
- Heat the tortillas in a frying pan - just a few seconds each side.
- Assemble the tortillas: add the grated cabbage, then the fish, then the onion, jalopeno and tomato. Finally pour the sauce on and sprinkle the coriander on top.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
Tequila Lime Fish Tacos. summer / gluten free. For the fish marinade: In a large mixing bowl, combine the tequila, cumin, garlic, lime juice and some salt and pepper. Garnish with some crumbled Cotija and hot sauce and serve. But I love me some delicious fish tacos. This tequila lime marinade is perfection in my book when it comes to fish tacos. Top with some feta or cotija cheese, cabbage, and salsa of your choice! Alton Brown's grilled fish tacos pack plenty of flavor with tequila-lime-marinated tilapia, smoky chipotle crema, and red cabbage slaw. Lovers of fish tacos fall into two camps: fried and not fried. I tend toward the fried side as I really like the crunch, but in this case, the marinade brings enough flavor to. For slaw, whisk up tequila, lime juice, vinegar, honey or agave or sugar, oil, salt, pepper and celery seed. Assemble tacos with fish, slaw, crema and toppings of choice. I can't think of any better way to beat the summer heat than with a bright, zesty serving of fish tacos. I start with a marinade using tequila and lime zest, grill the fish to flaky perfection, and then top the tacos with crunch cabbage and some. Marinate the fish in tequila to get that extra pop of flavour! Mix to combine the tequila, lime, sugar, chilli and salt. Change up your Taco Tuesday with this pescatarian-friendly meal For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos with Sour Cream Cabbage Slaw + Mango & Avocado. Catch Of The Day. [tequila-lime Mahi Mahi Tacos W. These Tequila Lime Fish Tacos with Kale are a wonderful uber healthy twist on a classic recipe. We eat a bit later as well and eating a lighter dinner suits me.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food tequila lime fish tacos recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!