Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, grilled pacific saury sushi with black rice. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have grilled pacific saury sushi with black rice using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Pacific Saury Sushi with Black Rice:
- Take [for the fish topping]
- Prepare 2 Pacific saury, sashimi quality
- Make ready 1 dash Salt
- Prepare [for the sushi rice]
- Take 180 ml White rice
- Make ready 3 tbsp Black rice
- Get 1 tbsp Sake and 1 sheet of kombu seaweed (5 cm square)
- Take 1 Sushi vinegar
- Get [Others for garnish]
- Prepare 1 optional Grated daikon radish
- Get 1 optional Okahijiki (type of saltwort)
- Get 1 optional Shiso seeds
- Prepare 1 optional Kabosu citrus
Instructions to make Grilled Pacific Saury Sushi with Black Rice:
- Make the sushi rice. Mix about 3 tablespoons of black rice and 1 tablespoon of sake with 180 ml of uncooked white rice. Add konbu seaweed to the rice cooker and set to cook.
- Transfer the cooked rice into a large bowl and drizzle the sushi vinegar. Let rest for about 10 seconds to allow the rice to absorb the vinegar (use a sushi rice tub if available).
- Mix the rice well with a cutting motion and cool down with a fan at the same time. After it's cooled down, cover with a moistened tea towel on top to keep the rice moist and soft.
- The aroma of grilled Pacific saury is irresistible. I like aji (horse mackerel) seared quickly, but I like pacific saury grilled well.
- Since the fish will be grilled, it's fine to use leftover fish on sale at the end of the day. Whenever I find special offers, I always buy several to freeze.
- Rinse the fish and sprinkle with salt. Leave to stand for a while to get rid of the fishy smell. Salting helps remove the fishy smell.
- Rinse the fish gently and pat dry. Let's start grilling.
- If you have fresh fish, you could sear the surface with a blow torch.
- Otherwise, you can use your grill.
- After grilling, slice the flesh on the diagonal and top with the sushi rice to make nigiri sushi. Plate and serve!
- I put kabosu citrus, cooked okahijiki, grated daikon radish and shisho seeds next to the sushi.
- This sushi rice made with black rice looks beautiful, doesn't it?
- Squeeze the kabosu citrus and sprinkle with a little soy sauce. Have a bite!
- The sushi rice with black rice changes its colour immediately when mixed in with vinegar. The rice is packed with color as well as flavor.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food grilled pacific saury sushi with black rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!