Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, jalapeño cornbread muffins. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook jalapeño cornbread muffins using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins:
- Get 1 1/2 Cups Cornmeal
- Get 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Prepare 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Make ready 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Make ready 6 Tbsp Cooled Melted Butter
- Get 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take 1/2 Cup Stevia (or Sugar)
- Prepare 2 Tbsp Honey
- Get 1 Large Egg
- Take 1 Cup Buttermilk
- Make ready 1 1/2 Chopped Jalapeño Peppers
Instructions to make Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin dish with nonstick spray. (I typically wait until I'm about to put the batter in the muffin pan to spray it.)
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl mix together slightly cooled and melted butter, oil, honey, and stevia. Then whisk in the egg and finally whisk in the buttermilk. (I don't have or keep buttermilk but you can use a substitute. Mix 2tsp white vinegar into regular milk of your choice to make 1 cup total. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.) Then add your chili peppers and mix.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry but try not to over mix it. Fill the cups all the way, unless you want smaller muffins. :) Optional addition of shredded cheese and/or a sliced of jalapeño on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes and then drop the temperature to 350 degrees while the muffins stay in the oven, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food jalapeño cornbread muffins recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!