Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, easy pain de campagne (country loaf) no kneading. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy pain de campagne (country loaf) no kneading using 19 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Pain de Campagne (Country loaf) No kneading:
- Prepare 【18 cm, 7 inches (20 cm, 8 inches)】
- Get 85 g (168 g) strong flour *
- Get 28 g (57 g) plain flour *
- Get 12 g (25 g) wholemeal flour *
- Get 0.7-1 g malt powder* or 2 g or 1/2 tsp (4g or 1tsp) sugar. If you do not have malt powder, use sugar. Malt powder will give the bread a nice favour.)
- Make ready 2 g or 1/2 tsp (4g or 1tsp) salt *
- Prepare 1 g or 1/4 tsp (2g or 1/2 tsp) dry yeast *
- Get 84 g (168 g) lukewarm water
- Take room temperature butter or vegetable oil
- Make ready 【If you use a 100% hydration starter dough instead of dry yeat】
- Get 85 g (168 g) - (starter dough/2) =strong flour
- Get 84 g (168 g) - (starter dough/2) =lukewarm water
- Take For instance, if you use 80g of starter dough, you need 85-(80/2)=45g of strong flour and 84-(80/2)=44g of water
- Make ready 【Option ideas】
- Get Fig or raisins and walnuts or any nuts or seeds
- Make ready grated cheese
- Make ready fresh herbs (parsley, basil and oregano etc) with crushed garlic
- Prepare caramelized onions
- Take chopped olives
Steps to make Easy Pain de Campagne (Country loaf) No kneading:
- Put the dry ingredients with * in a bowl and mix.
- Pour the lukewarm water and mix well and leave 30 mins for the flour to hydrate. (1st)
- If you use 80g of 100% hydration dough starter which was started from raisins, add sourdough and add water first. I added 85-(80/2)=45g of strong flour and 84-(80/2)=44g of water. The rest of the ingredients remain the same. The recipe of the raisin dough starter is at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/13322647 I prefer this raisin starter to sourdough as it is much milder and no sour tastes and can use any bread recipes without giving a distinctive sour taste to the bread.
- After 30 mins, mix several times with spatula and leave 30 mins again. (2nd)
- Mix several times again and leave 30 mins. At this stage, the dough should have become stretchy. If not, you could pick up the dough and keep hold in the air to stretch the dough several times (the dough will drop so that it stretch) to help gluten to form. (3rd)
- Mix again a couple of times. Leave it for 40-60 mins to ferment until it becomes twice. After having become twice in size, take out the dough and punch it down. (1st fermentation)
- Add options if you wish.
- Hold tiwce. First, hold 1/3 and the other 1/3.
- Fold both sides down and make it round like below. Leave 10-15 mins to rest in a warm place.
- Punch down after 10-15mins.
- Again, fold twice. First, hold 1/3 and the other 1/3.
- Fold both sides down and make it round like below.
- Dust flour on to the basket or bowls lined with floured tea towels. Please dust flour well.
- Put the dough and allow it 40-60 mins till it expands twice with a dump clothe over. You could leave the dough at this stage till morning in the fridge here and bake in the morning.
- Start to preheat the oven and a cast iron pot with the lid at 250℃.
- Check the fermentation.
- If the fermentation is OK, put parchment paper over the basket and put a cutting board and turn them over.
- Remove the basket and score the top of the loaf with a sharp knife.
- Put soft butter in a parchment paper (or oil in a small bottle with a dropper) and put thin butter in the cut which will help to crack nicely.
- Put the dough in a cast-iron pot and spray around the dough. Then, put the lid on. If you do not use a cast iron pot, pour hot water in the pan and leave in the bottom of the oven and spry the dough and around the dough. The steam will make the bread crispy.
- Reduce the temperature from 250℃ to 230℃ and bake it at 230 ℃ for about 10-15 mins with a lid and without a lid for 10-15 mins till golden brown.
- Take out the dough and cool on a rack before slicing.
You have to have a number of superfoods in your diet everyday. To start, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may wish to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. Observing a green living meal plan will give you exactly what you need to become healthy and fit. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. You can look forward to a healthy future by changing your food choices today.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food easy pain de campagne (country loaf) no kneading recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!