Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, carrot jam. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Try spooning some of the jam on top of ricotta as an hors d'oeuvre—unexpected and delicious. Easy homemade jam recipe Free Subscribe to my channel.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have carrot jam using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot Jam:
- Get 760 g carrots
- Make ready 450 g light brown sugar
- Make ready 2 lemons, zest of one lemon and juice of two lemons
- Prepare Small pinch of seasalt
- Get 2 tbsp vanilla
Steps to make Carrot Jam:
- Peel all the carrots and grate about 60g from the quantity.
- Chop the rest of the carrots and add to a saucepan. Add just enough water to cover all the carrots and add a pinch of salt.
- Cook the carrots until soft and then drain and puree.
- Using a fine sieve push out any excess water from the carrots (I reserved the water as I was planning to make carrot soup).
- Put the grated carrots, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and pureed carrots into a saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to the boil and cook for about 10-15 minutes continously stirring until the jam has thickened. It may take slightly longer to thicken.
- Use your preferred method of canning, I chose to use the inverted method. Please see my clementine jam recipe for instructions. https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/6062144-clementine-jam
See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole cereals are a few other essentials. Moreover, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Green living provides you with a solid diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.
HOMEMADE CARROT JAM, how to make carrot jam at home with simple recipe. Easy homemade jam recipe Free Subscribe to my channel. This unusual jam features lightly spiced carrots with just the right balance of sweet and tart. Try spooning some of the jam on top of ricotta as an hors d'oeuvre—unexpected and delicious. Carrot jam is our new favourite toast topping. Cook grated carrots with orange and lemon zest, cinnamon sticks and fresh bay leaves to make a sticky and utterly delicious jam that doubles up as a. It's jam, but not as you know it. I have a recipe from Mrs M. A sweet food spread made from carrots that are ground, chopped, or shredded, that are then combined with sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cloves. Carrot jam can be served as an appetizer topping by placing a small amount over cream cheese on a cracker. Carrot Jam Recipe. + Larger Image. It's bright, tasty and super-easy with no unusual equipment needed. Carrot Jam is a great way of preserving carrots for weeks. It is perfect when accompanied with toast or plain bread for a filling breakfast. You can also serve pack it in your kids' lunch boxes. Add sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon juice. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly until thick. View top rated Carrot jam recipes with ratings and reviews. Cabernet Sauvignon Glazed Venison With Barley, Roast Carrot Sauce And Carrot Horseradish Jam, Carrot Jam, Apricot Ginger… Carrot Cake Jam. It really does taste like carrot cake in jam form.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food carrot jam recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!