Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, potato doughnut. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious. These sweet potato doughnuts are made completely from scratch - it's the perfect way to sneak some sweet potatoes into your One of my favorite memories of growing up was Saturday Doughnuts. Let doughnuts sit for about ten minutes before frying so the exterior will have a chance to dry slightly and absorb less oil.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook potato doughnut using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato doughnut:
- Make ready 500 gr high protein flour
- Make ready 100 gr caster sugar
- Prepare 11 gr yeast (make sure it's active)
- Prepare 200 gr boiled potato (mashed)
- Get 4 egg yolks
- Make ready 100 ml cold milk
- Make ready 50 ml condensed milk
- Take 75 gr salted butter
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
Steps to make Potato doughnut:
- Boil your potato and mash it.
- Mix together flour, sugar, yeast, egg yolks, and mashed potato, you can use hand mixer (use the hook paddle for bread) to do this or simply just use your clean bare hand to knead it. Add the mixture of milk and condensed milk little by little into the dough until all poured in.
- Knead the dough until half kneaded and then add the salted butter and salt. Continue to knead the dough until it fully kneaded. How to make sure that the dough is fully kneaded? You could see the dough become all united and looked smoother at the surface.
- Measure the dough about 50 gr each. Round the dough one by one, and put in on a baking paper that already dusted by a flour. Let the dough rest about 20 minutes and covered by napkins on top.
- After 20 minutes, check the dough, the size become 2x bigger than before. Press each dough with small preasure, just to make it flatten a bit, and cut the middle with bottle cap or something round to make it look like a ring. Continue rest the dough for another 15 minutes.
- After done waiting, the dough is ready to be fried. Make sure you use a deep fry method which mean you use a lot of oil to fry the doughnut. Make sure it floats and not touching the bottom of your pan, otherwise the surface will look a bit burnt. Fry it until golden brown. Wait until the doughnut is cooling down.
- You could whisk the salted butter with a teaspoon of condensed milk until not firm anymore or has a smooth texture and dip your doughnut half in it, and continue to dip it again in chocolate sprinkles. Or you could simply just dust it with some icing sugar or even cinnamon icing sugar. Kids are gonna love it!
Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you should have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to be healthy. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to become disease free. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, is a doughnut, typically sweet, made with either mashed potatoes or potato starch instead. Let doughnuts sit for about ten minutes before frying so the exterior will have a chance to dry slightly and absorb less oil. The dough is sticky by nature so the surface won't feel dry to touch but a few. These sweet potato doughnuts are made completely from scratch - it's the perfect way to sneak some sweet potatoes into your One of my favorite memories of growing up was Saturday Doughnuts. Add the eggs and mashed potatoes to the shortening mix. Drain on brown paper bags or paper towels. What once started as a small kitchen operation for. Potato doughnuts can be shaped, filled, and frosted like any other type of doughnut. They are reputed to be of a lighter and fluffier texture than the typical wheat flour doughnut, but they have a. You can turn mashed potatoes into doughnuts. As if you needed another good reason to make more mashed potatoes than you need - these doughnuts are what you make with the leftover. Spudnuts (Potato Doughnuts): I grew up in Idaho, and one thing you can get in Idaho, is Spudnuts. Spudnuts are much better than doughnuts. Yankees were thrifty, and potatoes were cheap, local, and helped make flour stock last longer. Add the potato flakes and stir until combined and thickened. Transfer the mixture to the large bowl of an electric mixer. These mashed potato doughnuts are an old fashioned favorite made with mashed potatoes, flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar, milk, and deep-fried in oil. Roast the potatoes in their jackets, then peel and grate them (while they are hot). Try this variation of our Lightest Fluffiest Doughnuts. This moist, fluffy confection has a lightly delicate flavor: just the cure for a sweet-tooth.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food potato doughnut recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!