Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, strawberry limeade creme pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook strawberry limeade creme pie using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Limeade Creme Pie:
- Get for the lime curd
- Take 4-5 limes (enough to get 1/2 cup of juice)
- Prepare 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Get 3 whole eggs
- Take 1 egg yolk
- Take zest of 2 limes
- Make ready pinch salt
- Get 4 tbs unsalted butter - cubed
- Make ready for the cake
- Prepare 1 box strawberry cake mix
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Make ready 3/4 cup cold water
- Take 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare 3 large eggs - room temperature
- Make ready for the icing
- Prepare 1/4 cup butter - melted
- Get 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Make ready 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 2 tbs water
- Prepare 1 pinch salt
Instructions to make Strawberry Limeade Creme Pie:
- Steps 1-3 are for making the lime curd. Use a zester or grater to zest 2 limes, careful not to get any of the white pith. Juice enough limes to get 1/2 cup of juice. My limes were small so I needed to use 5.
- In a small bowl beat together 3 eggs plus one egg yolk. In a medium saucepan, off heat, stir together lime juice, lime zest, sugar, beaten eggs, and salt until smooth. Turn on heat to medium low and cook mixture until thickened stirring constantly (do not allow to come to a simmer and do not allow to sit or you chance scrambling the eggs). It is thick enough when it coats the spoon and a swipe of your finger leaves a stripe, as pictured. This takes bout 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low. Stir in butter a couple cubes at a time until fully melted and incorporated. Transfer lime curd to a small bowl with a lid. Place a layer of plastic wrap directly on surface to prevent a skin from forming. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hrs, up to overnight. Overnight is best.
- Steps 4-6 are for making the cakes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour the only the bottoms of 2, 9 in cake pans. Place strawberries and water in blender. Blend into a smooth puree.
- Add cake mix, eggs, oil, and strawberry puree to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low until ingredients have just incorporated. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Divide cake batter equally between cake pans. Firmly tap each pan on counter once to knock any bubbles in batter to the surface. Place cake pans in oven. Bake 30 minutes, rotating position halfway through baking. Remove from oven. Let cool completely in cake pans.
- Steps 7 & 8 are for icing and cake assembly. Place butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave until fully melted. Add powdered sugar and vanilla to butter. Wisk to combine. Add water 1 tbs at a time, wisking to incorporate after each addition. Add 2 tbs of lime curd, wisk until smooth.
- Gently run a butter knife around the edges of each cake to loosen from the pan. Turn one cake out onto a large plate. Transfer to a large platter, bottom down. Spread lime curd evenly over top. Turn second cake out onto the large plate. Carefully lift cake up and place on top of lime curd layer. Drizzle icing over top. Place in fridge uncovered for 1 hour to set icing before serving.
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food strawberry limeade creme pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!