Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, butter chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook butter chicken using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Butter Chicken:
- Get For the chicken marinade:
- Get 28 oz (800 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Get 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Make ready 1 tablespoon minced ginger (or finely grated)
- Take 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Get 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Get 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Make ready 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Make ready For the sauce:
- Get 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Take 2 tablespoons ghee (or 1 tbs butter + 1 tbs oil)
- Get 1 large onion, sliced or chopped
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 tablespoon ginger, minced or finely grated
- Take 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Take 14 oz (400 g) crushed tomatoes
- Make ready 1 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to your taste preference)
- Prepare 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- Get 1 cup heavy or thickened cream (or evaporated milk to save calories)
- Get 1 tablespoon sugar
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi (or dried fenugreek leaves)
Instructions to make Butter Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade; let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour (or overnight if time allows).
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. When sizzling, add chicken pieces in batches of two or three, making sure not to crowd the pan. Fry until browned for only 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm. (You will finish cooking the chicken in the sauce.)
- Heat butter or ghee in the same pan. Fry the onions until they start to sweat (about 6 minutes) while scraping up any browned bits stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant, then add ground coriander, cumin and garam masala. Let cook for about 20 seconds until fragrant, while stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chili powder and salt. Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens and becomes a deep brown red color.
- Remove from heat, scoop mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water to help it blend (up to 1/4 cup). Work in batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Pour the pureed sauce back into the pan. Stir the cream, sugar and crushed kasoori methi (or fenugreek leaves) through the sauce. Add the chicken with juices back into the pan and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with fresh, hot peas pulao and fresh homemade Naan!
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!
You need to have several superfoods in your diet everyday. To start with, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are some other foods to include. Make sure you consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food butter chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!