Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, crispy chicken tenders and steamed asparagus. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have crispy chicken tenders and steamed asparagus using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crispy Chicken Tenders and Steamed Asparagus:
- Get 4 Chicken breasts (Boneless)
- Prepare 1/2 Cup All purpose flour
- Take 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- Prepare 1 handful Cilantro (Chopped finely)
- Take 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- Make ready 2 Tsp Onion powder
- Take 2 Tsp Red chilli powder (Divided)
- Make ready 3/4 Breadcrumbs
- Take 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Get 3-4 Tbsp Cooking oil (I used Canola Oil)
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Butter
- Prepare 1 Bunch Asparagus
Instructions to make Crispy Chicken Tenders and Steamed Asparagus:
- Wash the chicken breasts thoroughly in a colander under running water. Shake off the excess water.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. (Cut open the chicken breasts) with the help of a sharp knife. Further, cut them into halves. Now, you have 4 thin strips from each chicken breast.
- Note: Butterflying is a really useful technique to create a uniform thickness throughout a piece of meat, so that it will cook more quickly and evenly.
- Combine the all purpose flour, cornstarch, 1 Teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, onion powder & garlic powder in a large plate.
- Beat the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. - - Place the bread crumbs in a dinner plate. - Add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon salt & the cilantro.
- Dredge all the chicken breasts in the flour mixture at once. - Dip them one by one in the beaten egg. - Roll in the breadcrumbs to coat well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Medium-high heat. - - Cook the chicken breasts 5 minutes per side until golden & crisp. Flip a few times. - When almost done, add the butter in the middle of the pan. Lift the pan & do a swirling motion to spread the melted butter all over the pan. The butter at the end takes it to a few notches up. Total bliss!
- Serve immediately with steamed veggies of your choice. Asparagus, broccoli, beans, baby carrots, peas are some suggestions.
- To steam the Asparagus: - - Cut off about an inch of the hard stem & discard. Cut into two or into small, bite size pieces, if you wish to. Wash thoroughly. - - Heat water in a medium skillet/pan. - When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off.
- Drop the asparagus in the hot water. Cover & leave for 5-6 minutes. I love it crunchy.
- Drain the water. Serve hot with a sprinkle of salt & freshly milled pepper. - - Enjoy!
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food crispy chicken tenders and steamed asparagus recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!