Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, dauphinois potatoes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have dauphinois potatoes using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dauphinois Potatoes:
- Take 4 cloves garlic diced finely
- Take 200 grams gruyere finely grated
- Get 1400 grams potatoes sliced
- Take 600 ml double cream
- Prepare 600 ml full fat milk
- Prepare sprigs Rosemary
- Get Generous sprinkling of salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp butter
Steps to make Dauphinois Potatoes:
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees. Take the cloves of garlic and dice finely, add a tbsp of butter to the pan and melt it on a medium heat.
- When golden add the cream and milk mixture along with the salt, bring to the simmer.
- Meanwhile peel and slice the potatoes fairly thinly.
- Butter the casserole dish, then layer in the potatoes.
- Round and round.
- Pour over the heated creamy mixture. Add a few herbs if you like.
- Take some tin foil, butter it and wrap it on the top of the dish. Place it in the oven, add another empty casserole dish on top to weight it down. Put it in the oven for an hour.
- Take it out of the oven. With a knife poke the potatoes through to the bottom to check they are soft throughout. If not they need to go in for longer. Remove the chunky herbs, sprinkle on the cheese turn up the oven to 200 degrees. Place back into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
- Lift out, leave to cool! When cool wrap it with tin foil and place into the freezer!
- Whenever they are needed take them out a day beforehand to defrost! Then reheat back in the oven at 160 degrees, covered with tinfoil it can take 30 - 45 minutes to warm through!
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food dauphinois potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!