Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chili oil. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chili Oil is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Chili Oil is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chili oil using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chili Oil:
- Take 1 stick Cinnamon
- Get 2 dry bay leaves
- Prepare 3 Star Anise
- Make ready 1/2 Tbsp Whole Coriander
- Get 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- Get 1 Tsp Szechuan Peppercorns
- Prepare 2 cups neutral cooking oil (vegetable works fine)
- Take 100 g Chili Flakes (or 140g for denser, spicier oil)
- Prepare 5 garlic cloves
- Prepare 10 g Ginger
- Get 1 tsp Sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp Salt
Instructions to make Chili Oil:
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves, star anise, coriander, fennel seeds, szechuan peppercorns to a wok on medium high heat, and toast until fragrant while constantly tossing to ensure they don't burn on one side (2-3 minutes, do not burn)
- Pour oil into a heavy saucepan, add toasted spices, 2 smashed garlic cloves, and 5g knob of ginger. Bring oil up to 250F and cook the spices for 5-10 minutes to infuse oil with their flavours
- Strain the oil into a clean heavy saucepan, and put the clean oil back on heat until oil reaches 350F
- Put chili flakes in a LARGE HEAT PROOF bowl or large heavy saucepan.
- Once oil has reached 350F, pour half of it into the LARGE HEAT PROOF bowl. The oil will bubble and expand when it hits the chili flakes, so make sure the HEAT PROOF bowl is LARGE enough to not overflow.
- Set the remaining oil aside and allow to cool to about 250F. While oil is cooling, mince the remaining 5g of Ginger and 3 cloves of Garlic. Don't add them during the first pour or they could burn.
- When the oil has cooled to 250, add the garlic, ginger, salt, sugar to the chili flakes and then pour the remining oil in and mix to combine
- Wait until mixture has reached room temperature and then store in a jar or other airtight container.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chili oil recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!