Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, rum jerked ham. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Rum Jerked Ham is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Rum Jerked Ham is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook rum jerked ham using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Rum Jerked Ham:
- Prepare For the dry rub:
- Make ready 2 tbs garlic powder
- Take 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Make ready 2 tsp onion powder
- Make ready 2 tsp brown sugar
- Make ready 2 tsp thyme
- Take 2 tsp pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp allspice
- Make ready 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Get 1 tsp cinnamon
- Get 1 Ham with bone
- Get For the glaze:
- Take 1 cup brown sugar
- Take 1 cup molasses
- Make ready 1/2 cup rum
- Make ready 1 cup pineape juice
Steps to make Rum Jerked Ham:
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together.
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham.
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil.
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham.
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark.
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients.
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil.
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Remove glaze from heat.
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham.
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving.
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow….
- Enjoy :)
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food rum jerked ham recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!