Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, dauphinoise potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dauphinoise Potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Dauphinoise Potatoes is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have dauphinoise potatoes using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dauphinoise Potatoes:
- Take 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into roughly 3mm slices
- Prepare 500 ml full fat milk
- Make ready 300 ml double cream
- Make ready 150 g Cheddar cheese
- Make ready 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take to taste Ground black pepper
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves, peeled whole
Steps to make Dauphinoise Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Tip the milk, double cream, thyme sprigs and garlic cloves into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Next add the sliced potatoes and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until just cooked. Gently stir the potatoes regularly to stop them sticking to each other and the saucepan.
- Remove the potatoes from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and place in shallow ovenproof dish. (I did continue to allow the cream to cook for another 5-10 minutes to reduce its consistency but you can choose not to).
- Pour over the cream (discarding the garlic and thyme).
- Scatter over the grated cheese, if using, then bake for 40 mins or until the potatoes are soft and browned. Increase the heat for 5-10 mins if not brown enough.
Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try to add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. See to it that you include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. Green living equips you with a healthy eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food dauphinoise potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!