Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, curried goat with parsley pea rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Curry goat with rice and peas is a dish that everyone needs to try to really understand how good it is. Try it once and you'll never go back If you enjoyed. This rich and satisfyingly delicious Caribbean Curry Goat is best served along with rice and peas; made with hearty goat meat stewed away until extra tender, fresh spices, and so much flavor! Grab a taste of the Islands!
Curried Goat with Parsley Pea Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Curried Goat with Parsley Pea Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook curried goat with parsley pea rice using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Curried Goat with Parsley Pea Rice:
- Get Goat———————
- Get 2-1/2 pound goat bone in
- Get 2 teaspoon curry powder
- Take 2 medium onion sliced
- Take 1 cup carrots sliced on a bias
- Get 1 teaspoon allspice
- Make ready 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Make ready 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Get 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Prepare 2 tablespoons extra Virgin olive oil
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup water
- Prepare 1/4 cup water
- Get 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Get Rice——————————-
- Make ready 1 cup English peas frozen
- Get 2 cup medium grain rice
- Take 1/4 cup parsley
- Get 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Take 4-1/2 cup water
- Make ready 2 tablespoons extra Virgin olive oil
Jamaican goat curry is a national dish. Shows the Indian influence in Jamaica. Tasty served with rice and peas and fried plantain. Tasty served with rice and peas and fried plantain.
Steps to make Curried Goat with Parsley Pea Rice:
- Heat the oil in a pan and heat the oil in a pot one for rice one for goat. Add the rice to the pot and stir till the rice turns off color more white. Add 4 cup of water cook 10 minutes covered. Add the peas and parsley. Add half cup of water stir. Cover bring to boil turn off heat covered and undisturbed for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the goat and pat dry.
- Slice the onion and add to the hot oil.
- Add the goat to the pan of hot oil. Add the spices and stir good.
- The spices are added add the water and simmer for 15 minutes covered.
- Cut the carrots on a bias. Add the carrots. Simmer 30 minutes covered.
- Add to the goat, the mix of the cornstarch and water and Add to the goat and stir constantly till thickened.
- It's ready to be served with the rice. I hope you enjoy!!
Tasty served with rice and peas and fried plantain. Tasty served with rice and peas and fried plantain. Recipe by: SloeWolf Hertfordshire, England, UK. Preparation Combine broth and salt in heavy large pot. Transfer the goat to a large casserole pot.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food curried goat with parsley pea rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!